account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z - Until What Temperature Battery And Phone is Safe.

SOLVED
Emperor
Message 30 of 59
Message 30 of 59

Re: Overheating problem

Indeed, some users don't realize the difference between water proof and water resistant Dizzy Face

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 32 of 59
Message 32 of 59

Re: Xperia Z - Until What Temperature Battery And Phone is Safe.

Your phone will shut down if it gets too hot. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Demigod
Message 33 of 59
Message 33 of 59

That i know dear, but i need to know upto what % its safe...

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 34 of 59
Message 34 of 59

For optimum performance, the product should not be operated in temperatures below -10°C(+14°F) or above +45°C(+113°F).

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

Demigod
Message 35 of 59
Message 35 of 59

My Z always cross 45°C if i play Game / Video etc it reach 49 - 51 ...  This will bring any damage to device ?

Message 36 of 59
Message 36 of 59

I am facing the same issue. So Is it a design issue or what ?

It seems no one has proper solution, only a small suggestions not a complete solution. After spending a huge amount on one of best smartphone of Sony, is this issue expected from device?

I was going through this thread and found that admin 'Johan' said "The Xperia Z will generate not more heat  than other smart phones  on the market with 1.5 GHz quad core CPU. The device is compliant with all safety regulations." Really is it  your personal opinion or General comment from Sony ?

Admin please check this issue again. This issue is becoming more serious than previous conditions.

I don't know about your testing process and want to comment on that but really this device is really hotter than other Smart devices.

From my side, this is Design issue and Sony should provide some quick solution. (Date: 17-Sep-2013)

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 37 of 59
Message 37 of 59

What Johan has stated is very much correct. if a handset has a higher processing power it will generate more heat. This is a general rule for all electronic devices from smartphones to PC's. The more power, the more heat and this is quite normal.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 38 of 59
Message 38 of 59

Update for previous post -

Today I went to Sony Service Centre for same issue(Overheat). They asked me few questions -

1 . When did I purchase this XZ ?

Reply - 5 Days back.

2. What is OS Version ?

Reply - 4.2.2

3. When did I update my device ?

Reply - Same day when I bought it.

4. How did you update your device ?

Reply - from the device, itself.

then they said it's an OS issue. We'll again update device with Android 4.2.2 and it'll become normal. I agreed to update my device but asked "how will it solve the issue?" They said " It'll sure otherwise we'll replace the device. Just check for 1 day."

So I am checking my device. Still having same issue but now I have to use it for some more time like 20 min. Previously I was facing same issue within 10 minutes.

Still I have a same doubt how did they solve this issue by updating device ?

Hi Sam,

As you are aware of "general rule for all electronic devices from smartphones to PC's that The more power, the more heat." So this is the same issue about which we are talking and for this I didn't find any solution here.

You will be aware of another general rule for all electronic devices from smartphones to PC's that if device become hot or having some more temperature than normal then try to reduce the temperature so that device will reamin intact and User can use it. So my question is that Do you have any such idea or solution ?

Neither I am trying to judge anybody nor blaming. Just want to share that device is getting hot while talking or doing some normal activity. So if I don't call or use features of smart device then What is use of Sony's best smartphone here ?

Regards,

Subrat Sarkar

One time poster
Message 39 of 59
Message 39 of 59

i bought an xperia ZL (C6502) 3 weeks ago. I do some gaming, (NFS: Most Wanted) at  approx 30% brightness with internet connections off.  But after 20-30 minutes, the phone back gets incredibly hot, even exceeding the back of the iPad 3 , to the extent of the game crashing. When i reopened the game, after about 2-3 minutes of playing it crashed yet again.. This i suspect is the overheating getting way above safe levels . the great experience that i hoped of this phone has been greatly compromised, because of this crashing. I don't think this is regular to expect heat released to the extent the phone has to tune down power to dissipate heat before being fully capable again... I am NOT AT ALL  pleased at this issue. Upon contact with Sony Centres, their reply was "Repair with PCC". as i did,  nothing changed. They refused exchange or being looked into, as they claim its "normal" . So i have to live with this overheat crashing problem for as long as i use this phone. Is this an insult or what?!?!

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 40 of 59
Message 40 of 59

Xperia Z C-6602 is 3rd class/Faltoo and dabba phone 4rm the sony Coz I had purchased it and repenting 4r the same.
My name Dr.Pritesh A. Deore 4rm Vadodara-Gujarat-India.
My mail ID dr.pritesh.a.deore@gmail.com
My Xperia Z IMEI no 355666056010258
Problem of Hang-up, no internet connection, overheating. Now my phone is with Parshwa Service sony authorised service station. I am Mentally harrased-dissatisfied-mental tension 4r reason I had purchased Sony mobile XperiaZ 4r huge amounat of INR 38,750/-