account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia Z Sim Card Not Detected!

Apprentice
Message 1 of 45
Message 1 of 45

Xperia Z Sim Card Not Detected!

Hi,

I have Xperia Z , All of Sudden my Phone Stopped Respoding and Need to Reboot the Phone and after rebooted still the same. I have tried inserting another SIM , But this time the Phone reboot automatically after i insert SIM. and my Device Locks ny Mcafee. Device works fine Without the SIM Card. I dont have the SONY service center here.

Error: red "X"  on the SIM and same for the signal.

Checked there is no issues with the SIM.

I was using the Phone for past one month with no issues. Does factory reset would resolve the problem?

Any help on this Regards 

44 REPLIES 44
Message 2 of 45
Message 2 of 45

Re: Xperia Z Sim Card Not Detected!

You should get another micro SIM.But try a software repair also:

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 45
Message 3 of 45

Thanks, I done the Update/repair through the PC Companion, Software has updated sucessfully, But still SIM card is not detecing , Red Cross shows in the Startup screen. Any other way to check whats the problem?

I tried the same sim on another Phone, Its working fine, So i can confirm there is no problem with the SIM card.

Regards

Mohammed Eliyas

Message 4 of 45
Message 4 of 45

I think it might be related to your device.But did you insert it correctly?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 45
Message 5 of 45

Yes, When i insert the SIM, device Says SIM intersted Restarting. Once the Device booted, SIM Card Wont display (Red Cross Mark) Aftre few minitues Device rebooted automatically until i remove the SIM from the device.

Regards

Mohammed Eliyas

Message 6 of 45
Message 6 of 45

Stop by a sony service.

Apprentice
Message 7 of 45
Message 7 of 45

Is there a chance of SIM lock on the device? Yes last option to Sony Service.

Thanks

Highlighted
Message 8 of 45
Message 8 of 45

SIM lock on the device?You mean the device won't read the SIM because it is locked?But you said before it worked.

Apprentice
Message 9 of 45
Message 9 of 45

Yes device was working well, Untill last week like i said, it happened all of sudden, The reason of asking , on one of the blog it said to check the SIM Lock might be the reason,

Type *#*#7378423#*#* and then select service info and Sim Lock , the results is just "?" on all the Values.

Regards

Mohammed Eliyas

Message 10 of 45
Message 10 of 45

That is not normal.Did you flash your device?