account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z - Screen going completely blank during call

One time poster
Message 11 of 71
Message 11 of 71

Re: Xperia Z - Screen going completely blank during call

with my phone,problem was that i installed a screen protector called,Gurkha shield,and after that this problem starts to happen,now i have removed,and phone works as before

Message 12 of 71
Message 12 of 71

if you got a screen protector make sure it has sensor cut in it if it does not that could be cause of blank screen and not waking up when you remove phone from your ear, allways make sure a screen protector has a sensor cut in it so it will not make sensor blind

Highlighted
Message 13 of 71
Message 13 of 71

I have the same issue but it has nothing to do with the sensor.

As for me the screen is lit up just black and when i press the power button it activates and deactivates a black screen. When it comes back, i can end the call and resume as usual.

Its definately a bug and sony should therefore release a fix.

Learner
Message 14 of 71
Message 14 of 71

I had this problem and it's nothing to do with software or apps as I followed advice on forum. It's the screen protector that covers the sensor. On the phone to the right of the Sony logo is an oblong and circle shape. If those are exposed it should resolve the problem as it has for me. I have just cut out that bit of the screen protector now. I was ready to send the phone back
One time poster
Message 15 of 71
Message 15 of 71

I have had this phone since February and it only started happening once the software update was finished.
Visitor
Message 16 of 71
Message 16 of 71

Hi guys. Is there a fix for this? I have a 2 week old Z1with hardly any apps on it. I just took the screen protector off as it does seem like it was doing it after I put it on but this has not fixed the issue. Any help would be appreciated.
One time poster
Message 17 of 71
Message 17 of 71

yes I had put screen protector recently

Rookie
Message 18 of 71
Message 18 of 71

I had same problem with my Neo V. I have noticed I start facing this problem when i replaced the body of my mobile. I Did loads of testing and finally found that its light sensor was giving me problem. 

Light sensor is near to front Camera.

Solution : Try to make call in full sunny day and check whether display is going<it is dificullt to notice the screen>. Reposition the light sensor with it's guard. Check the guard whether it is broken or not hinder the light completly.

Regards

Harish 

harsh.k.arora@gmail.com

Rookie
Message 19 of 71
Message 19 of 71

I had same problem with my Neo V. I have noticed I start facing this problem when i replaced the body of my mobile. I Did loads of testing and finally found that its light sensor was giving me problem. 

Light sensor is near to front Camera.

Solution : Try to make call in full sunny day and check whether display is going<it is dificullt to notice the screen>. Reposition the light sensor with it's guard. Check the guard whether it is broken or not hinder the light completly.

Regards

Harish  

Learner
Message 20 of 71
Message 20 of 71

my phone probleme was that I installed a screen protector,now I'm HAPPY,the phone work normaly.