account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z - No Sound on Calls

Learner
Message 71 of 75
Message 71 of 75

Re: Xperia Z - No Sound on Calls

Cannot believe it, but this is all that was needed. Now I understand why I sometimes did not have the problem. Just took the phone between thumb and index finger and pressed a little. That is it.
Bad connecting hardware somewhere inside went to work again...

Learner
Message 72 of 75
Message 72 of 75

Where exactly on the back do you press to solve the issue?

UPDATE:

Just did an update on my soundless Xperia Z Ultra's stock Music and Video apps - NOW I'VE GOT SOUNDS !!!!

One time poster
Message 73 of 75
Message 73 of 75

My first ever Sony phone which gave me problems  from the start.  The person I was speaking to could not hear me, but the problem was intermittent and by selecting the loudspeaker button sometimes sorted the problem but it became a problem I could not continue with as numerous calls were lost.  I sent it off to the person I have a contract with and had the phone back saying it was damaged and Sony would not authorise a repair. 

I was politely old that the damage might not have been noticed by myself but could have been caused by keeping it in the back pocket of my trousers, being dropped.  None of these were the case and I have, from the start, kept it in a phone holder.  I was also told that a photo of the damage was on the rear of the letter for me to see and it was not. I am taking this up with my supplier.

Visitor
Message 74 of 75
Message 74 of 75

i have sony xperia ZR C5502.after update i have this issue too, it seems that sony isnt going to solve this software bug!

Visitor
Message 75 of 75
Message 75 of 75

its not hardware issue.many of us have this issue after update