account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia Z - No Sound on Calls

One time poster
Message 61 of 75
Message 61 of 75

Re: Xperia Z - No Sound on Calls

I read all these posts and then I thought 'wait, I haven't even restarted my phone yet'...and hey presto my phone now works perfectly!!

@Arnela wrote:
Hii Brett..m also facing the same issue.... Did u get resolution of yours...if yes please do reply..

One time poster
Message 62 of 75
Message 62 of 75

App name : SoundAbout Description - http://cscapture.blogspot.in/2017/02/media-sound-not-working.html
One time poster
Message 63 of 75
Message 63 of 75

I have the same problem with both speakers
I believe the problem is with the audio jack, the phone believes that there are headphones plugged in so it redirects the audio to them
One time poster
Message 64 of 75
Message 64 of 75

Can Sony reply at lease once on this thread? Is there a official patch or solution this no sound on call problem? Or you just selll your crappy phones and decide not to even listen to customer complaints? Crappy phone Crappy company.....

One time poster
Message 65 of 75
Message 65 of 75

I also faced the problem more than six months, two weeks before I uninstalled "where is my DROID" app after that the problem is resolved.
One time poster
Message 66 of 75
Message 66 of 75

Like many, I've also faced that audio bug with the earpiece when people call me.

Inspired by solutions in this topic, here's how I fixed it :

1. I cleared SmartConnect's data in settings > apps and uninstalled it

2. Installed SmartConnect from Playstore, opened it and set "Music on the go" and "Music at home" events as on.

3. Opened settings and unchecked "Notification" and "Vibrate" when the events occur.

It seems like the SoundAbout app is useless to install, when you got a Sony-made app to handle it.

One time poster
Message 67 of 75
Message 67 of 75

Thanks Shirish. The phone is back to normalcy
One time poster
Message 68 of 75
Message 68 of 75

Sony xperia Z3+ duel

I have bought Sony xperia Z3+ duel.  After Unplug headphone from my device it doesn't sound when I a phone call comes even from viber, skype, imo. But after restarting it works. How can fixed it

One time poster
Message 69 of 75
Message 69 of 75

I had same problem on my Xperia Z and installing the free SoundAbout app. It now works. Saved me on a new phone.
One time poster
Message 70 of 75
Message 70 of 75

Thanks for the Fix!

I highly recommend other to try this first before attempting other fixes.