account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia Z - No Sound on Calls

Rookie
Message 31 of 75
Message 31 of 75

Re: Xperia Z - No Sound on Calls

For Xperia Z users who experience no sound on earpiece during a call, I suggest you to install SoundAbout Pro app.

Xperia Z C6602 was the same too, earpiece not work interminently. Someone at GSMArena suggested me install SoundAbout Pro, inside the app, in the phone call audio change the option to earpiece. Now the problem is solved in my Xperia Z, try it.
:-)
Visitor
Message 32 of 75
Message 32 of 75

Re no audio Xperia Z - Just solved my problem of no audio when making or receiving calls. The Phone rings, and I answer but cant hear anyone, yet they can hear me. Also when I make a call, no ringing tone, and when answered, no audio.  

My fix: Locate the Phone App.

Went in to settings, apps, all, phone , and cleared cache, and data. Restarted phone by powering off and then back on.

Phone now works perfectly again... 

One time poster
Message 33 of 75
Message 33 of 75

I got the same issue as you guys but not always, sometimes good sometimes bad without restarting my phone. One thing I can contribute is I got a workaround here. If you can't hear, then press Hands-free icon. then it's all good for your phone-call, it may embarrass you in some places but it's better than just hang off your call.

I believe it's just an issue related to Sony customized Adroid system, it's a software issue other than hardware. I hope Sony can't fix it soon.

One time poster
Message 34 of 75
Message 34 of 75

Had the same issue . Thanks for your hint - now a start of Chrome doesn't mute phone audio anymore.

One time poster
Message 35 of 75
Message 35 of 75

Hi,

I have the same issue with a xperia Z (C6603).

The first time it occurs, the place where I purchased it send it to repair. When it comes back, the issue still there ( checked via Diagnostics Xperia). Even if they told me their technician had done some re soldering.

And they gave me a new one ( Z C6603).

The same issue occurs after one year on the new one...

The only way to "solve" the problem is to press on the back of the phone. I tried the propositions in this topic and none works for me.

Visitor
Message 36 of 75
Message 36 of 75

I have exactly the same issue on my C6833 bought 4 months ago.. Sound works sometimes then stops and hardly ever works during phone calls. Sometimes it starts to work after a reboot then stops again. I have to reboot my phone several times a day. It's not the speaker as the same happens on bluetooth and on speaker and when using headphones.

I have tried every solution in this forum including Soundabout and wiped it, and updated it through all of the Android updates.

This made no difference at all.

I sent it back for repair and it came back stating that parts had been replaced but there has been zero improvement.

I just think these phones have a major design defect somewhere.

Sending it back again tomorrow, how many times do I have to send it back? Will it ever work?

I love the size of it, and the look and feel, I am soo disappointed in Sony as it has been nothing but hassle Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 37 of 75
Message 37 of 75

Thanks Pierreinsa, problem sorted. It is a recurring affair though, God knows when it would strike next. Won't be buying a Sony ever again. I own a Vaio, a Bravia and an Xperia. All fail. Was about to get a PS4, but I think I'll settle for an XBox One. Huge disappointment. Really appreciate your help though. Thanks again!

One time poster
Message 38 of 75
Message 38 of 75

Sony model C6603 - No Sound on Calls

I just got my new Sony model C6603 and I started with updating the phone to with the latest software. The problem is that the phone has NO sound durring calls. If i use the speaker, I can talk with the person calling. However, I cant walk around with the speaker on. Any one that knows how to solve this problem? To all, thank you for taking the time to assist.

One time poster
Message 39 of 75
Message 39 of 75

I had the same issue. Unable to hear the caller/unable to hear when the walkman is playing and everything was getting routed through headset. So the best solution i think is to  Navigate to Settings>Apps>All. Go to Smart connect and Clear Cache and uninstall updates and force stop it and disable it. Restart the phone and it works fine Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 40 of 75
Message 40 of 75

I have the same problem. 

> I tried going to settings>all>phone> and clearing cache and data but it did not help me.

> Removing microphone suppression did not help either.

> I also tried unintalling all updates on the Smart Connect app & clearing the cache.

> I have cleared data and forced stop in the "Sound enhancements" app.

I have had the phone for 2 years and suddenly - no sound on calls!

Works on external speaker or headphones but no sound on a normal call.

I see when I turn my phone off "headphones connected"  flashes in the nav bar. There are, however, no headphones connected so the phone is defectively picking up that headphones are connected.

Also, whenI turn on, it says that my external port cover is open so it seems something is wrong with sensors around the headphones?