account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia Z - No Sound on Calls

Message 21 of 75
Message 21 of 75

Re: Xperia Z - No Sound on Calls

Settings-apps-all-chrome,uninstall updates.Restart your phone.It should solve loudspeaker issue.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 22 of 75
Message 22 of 75

First:

thanks for the info, wouldn't have found it myself.. I'm hoping it works :-)
So I should prevent Chrome from installation any updates, ever? Is there a way to disable updates only for one specific app such as Chrome?

Second:

I had some bad luck yesterday, I posted the no sound error disappeared on it's own , but now after a month or 2 it suddenly returned. Only problem is it's not consistent .. Sometimes I can hear phone calls just fine?!

Should I return it to the shop? They are probably just going to tell me there is no problem, or that it's fixed without checking it :-)

And last:

It sometimes happens when using my data like H+ the feed just stops, 3G just isn't working anymore. When this happens I need to reboot my phone for getting it to work again. Very strange, seems to also be a software bug of some kind.

Anyone have the same issue?

Thanks,
Tristan

Message 23 of 75
Message 23 of 75

You should not block anything,just remove the updates.Actually,a new update for chrome has been released,it should fix the issue.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 24 of 75
Message 24 of 75

I've been having the exact same problem. For a while now my phone sometimes switches the speaker on for no reason when I answer a call. It hasn't happened recently, so it might have been fixed by the chrome update. The earspeaker still often does not work, and then when I switch the speaker on I do have sound. Sometimes I lose sound in the middle of a conversation, sometimes there is no sound to begin with, sometimes it works just fine. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the earspeaker as it works just fine when I test it in the service menu. What can I do?

Message 25 of 75
Message 25 of 75

Does the same happen in safe mode?

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008

Message 26 of 75
Message 26 of 75

I too have this bug.I recently updated my Xperia Z to latest android 4.4 kitkat after that only I got this same call bug but in 4.3 I had no issues my phone doesn't have warranty what should I do?? I can't find solution anywhere :-(
One time poster
Message 27 of 75
Message 27 of 75

hi,

i've purchased Xperia Z, 8th of Aug 2014, 

from the first day i've this problem of -No Sound On Calls-

Whatever i do i'm not getting this solved

only one thing helps me temporarily,

fast restarting my phone by pressing power button along with vol up button,

plz help me thru this , i've been a sony mobile user since the launch of your first models,

Rookie
Message 28 of 75
Message 28 of 75

I just thought maybe we can find a common ground with any installed apps. Outside of the default

I have installed:

GO SMS PRO  -  use it

ADOBE AIR   -   don't use it

GOOGLE EARTH  _ use (once in a while)

GOOGLE MAPS -  use all the time

PLAY MUSIC - never use

VLC Player  -  use not often

YOU TUBE - use

FILE COMMAND - use

CAR DASHROID - use

Only apps I would think MAY do anything to mess the phone is DASHROID or GO SMS , Google Play??

Visitor
Message 29 of 75
Message 29 of 75

good day!

i would like to ask for help for my xperia z.

my problems are the following:/

1. After upgrading to 4.4.4 i experience is that i cant hear anything during a call and i need to use a headset or loudspeaker.

2. My loudspeaker randomly not funtioning, but in an incoming call the phone will ring.

3. When i will use Walkman and video streaming sometimes i cant hear the sound.

please help.

thank you.

Apprentice
Message 30 of 75
Message 30 of 75

it dies at c6603 /w latest firmware installed. Crap. Never had st. like this on my old iphone 3g.