account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia Z - No Sound on Calls

Visitor
Message 41 of 75
Message 41 of 75

Re: Xperia Z - No Sound on Calls

Hi everyone,

I just fixed my no sound problem.

Left the phone on the roof of my car. Drove off down the street and the phone miraclulously fell off into the road. I returned an hour later trying to locate my phone, only to find it had been run over multiple times and loocked more like a flat snow ball - white crushed glass held together with the protective plastic film!

Problem solved - sort of!.....

One time poster
Message 42 of 75
Message 42 of 75

I have my new Z3 less than a month old.  Updated it to lollipop and several updating of apps.  Now it doesn't have audio on incoming calls.  Is this a software or hardware issue?

Never dropped my phone or had any mechanical impact on the unit. Just tested its underwater capabilities.

What's the best thing to do for this? Please help.

Apprentice
Message 43 of 75
Message 43 of 75

No sound on calls happens to me too for the first time. I own a ZL (C6503) with the last Customised DE 4.4.4 KitKat ROM. I don't know what triggered it. Xperia Diagnostics tests where OK so this was a software issue. Safe Mode didn't helped. After few restarts it started to works normaly. I have no idea what have I done. 

One time poster
Message 44 of 75
Message 44 of 75

Hello!

I had problem with my 4months old xperia z2 that caller couldn't hear my voice at all.

I solved problem by re-installing phone programs with sony pc companion (remember to make backup with same program before re-installing).

I also cleaned microphone holes under phone and downloaded soundabout pro program from play-store.

Now everything works fine. Hope this helps someone Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 45 of 75
Message 45 of 75

Hey... It works thanks man but can you please let me know what is the main cause of this ?

Regular
Message 46 of 75
Message 46 of 75

This issue has been the last nail in the coffin for me and Sony phones.

Never again. If the most basic features of a phone, namely, being able to actually use it as a phone, don't work, you've utterly failed.

That combined with the water indicator near the headphone jack turning pink during normal use, my wife's phone's screen cracking just when in her pocket, and some generally poor software design choices... means I'm done as far as ever considering an Xperia again.

I'm now off to install Cyanogenmod on this phone, because not being able to use my phone as a phone is utterly, completely riduculous.

Regular
Message 47 of 75
Message 47 of 75

Well, joy. I can now say that this doesn't seem to be a Sony software problem, as I've installed CyanogenMod onto my Xperia Z, and I still get this problem.

Occasionally I can get it to have sound from the earpiece on a call, but 90% of the time, nothing, I have to turn on speakerphone.

This is crap. Slightly frowning Face

Regular
Message 48 of 75
Message 48 of 75

I'm going to update more here to try to give people more information as to what may be causing this (I still don't know).

It's definitely software. I can clear the cache/data for the phone app, or within recovery mode, clear the cache partition and suddenly the phone audio will start working.

I spent an hour on my phone last night to my internet provider, organising a move, and it was working up until about 10 minutes until the end of the call, when it just stopped... mid call. I have no idea how something like this could start happening MID CALL!

It's so very annoying, and it seems to be a problem with Android moreso than just the Xperia.

I'd call it a pretty major bug in Android if something can affect in call audio like this. It's a CORE part of being a phone!

My investigations continue.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 49 of 75
Message 49 of 75

Dear daalig,
Scroll down your main screen. You'll find option saying Priority Sound with two options
1. One hour
2. Indefinitely
All you have to do is disable it. I had the same issue and it worked :-)
Hope this helps
Visitor
Message 50 of 75
Message 50 of 75

You don't have to change the phone for it. The phone is awesome and I'm loving it!