account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z Default Contacts

Learner
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Xperia Z Default Contacts

I am overseas in the US, and my phone kept restaring, so I repaird it with the Sony PC Companion software.

But after repairing and restoring my contacts backup, all of the contacts that were not specified by an area code were changed from +852 (Hong Kong) to +1.

How do I change it so all the contacts (And all that will be added) not defined by an area code is +852 instead of +1?

Thanks,

Skyguy

8 REPLIES 8
Emperor
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Xperia Z Default Contacts

@skyguy7567

Are you using an american SIM card? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Yes, I am using a T-Mobile SIM. Will it change back to +852 once I use my 3HK SIM? Coz when I switched sims it was sitll +852.

Emperor
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

@skyguy7567

I can't test it myself but give it a shot

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Were these contacts imported from SD card backup or from Google Contacts?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

They were backupped and restored by Sony PC Companion.

Emperor
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

@skyguy7567

could you insert your other SIM card and report back?

Learner
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

I have changed the SIM to my 3HK Sim, the contacts are still messed up.

Emperor
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

@skyguy7567

I;m srorry to hear that, perhaps @Johan has a suggestion.