account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z Battery Life

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 55
Message 1 of 55

Xperia Z Battery Life

Hi,

I have battery life problem.

When I first time get my experia Z, the battery life is 2 day+ on 50% battery status, with following settings:

- stamina mode=on,

- wifi=on,

-network=LTE

-mobile data=off

-display brightness=50, auto adjust

-bravia engine 2 = on

I turned off and charge.after fully charged, I turned back on the phone, battery life is only 20 hours on 100% battery status, with the same settings, when I check the battery usage :

- screen used 54%, previously only 11-15%

- system 12%,

- os 9%,

- wifi 8%,

- cell standby 6%,

- idle 4%,

- phone 3%,

- mediaserver 3%,

- home 2%,

- systemui 2%.

Then I change dysplay settings as follow:

- bravia engine = off

- brightness = lowest

- adapt to lightning condition = off

then check back battery life and status, nothing changed.

Then I set network mode to WCDMA(preferred), and even turned off wifi, still nothing changed.

Is this defected product? Please someone advise.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Inhabitant
Message 11 of 55
Message 11 of 55

Re: Experia Z Battery Life

try the factory reset option in the settings/ backup & reset/ factory data reset. this should do it.

54 REPLIES 54
Visitor
Message 2 of 55
Message 2 of 55

No. Battery is not defective. Actually, battery measurements change depending upon how you use your phone. If you put it idle, in few hours, battery guage will start showing ''several days left on battery''. But if you start playing game or browse internet, values will re-adjust according to power consumption and battery metre may start showing only few hours left on battery. This also happens after you charge your battery. Battery metre requires some time to judge your phone usage and power consumption and then it shows you arbitrary battery backup time.

One time poster
Message 3 of 55
Message 3 of 55

i see. thanks for your reply. I'll leave it idle for a while.

One time poster
Message 4 of 55
Message 4 of 55

Update.

It has been run for 4h 10min:

battery guage = 20 hours (still)

battery status 97%,

screen 41%

system 14%

wifi 14%

standby 10%

idle 8%

os 7%

phone 3%

mediaserver 2%

home2%

so i decided to turn wifi on, mobile data = on and use LTE network

still i haven't play with it, still want to see the battery gauge

One time poster
Message 5 of 55
Message 5 of 55

It has been run for 1d 0h 10min:

battery guage = 12 hours

battery status 59%,

screen 29%

system 25%

wifi 12%

standby 8%

idle 6%

os 7%

phone 4%

mediaserver 4%

voice calls 3%

is battery gauge fault?

One time poster
Message 6 of 55
Message 6 of 55

No. Battery is not defective. Actually, battery measurements change depending upon how you use your phone. If you put it idle, in few hours, battery guage will start showing ''several days left on battery''. But if you start playing game or browse internet, values will re-adjust according to power consumption and battery metre may start showing only few hours left on battery. This also happens after you charge your battery. Battery metre requires some time to judge your phone usage and power consumption and then it shows you arbitrary battery backup time.

i don t follow this, i charged to 100% several times and left the phone idle for extensive period of time over 6 hours which should be long enough for it to calculate the gauge but i never get estimated  stand bye time higher than 13 hrs ( even with most of the settings off)...... after 6 hours hours of moderate use the gauge reports lower estimated times. I purposly have not 'pounded'the battery by making heavy use of the screen, watching video etc,  but for some reason after i fully charge the phone again i get a max estimated time of little over 13 hrs. Other users report higher values of over 2 days at least

i did a test again today using the phone for 14 hours (3 hrs screen time plus average use little bit of calls texting making photos, etc) which left me with 33% now (from 100%) is this in line with the battery expectancy of the Z???? it would imply that tomorrowmorning the phone will be about dead, after 24 hours.........

One time poster
Message 7 of 55
Message 7 of 55

yes, i also never see more than 20 hours. the adjustment is based on my initial gauge after charged (20 hours) and it's wrong bacause i've on it for more than 1 day now.

Inhabitant
Message 8 of 55
Message 8 of 55

hey vivan, i had the same issue on my first day with my Z. even though i adjust every settings, still it shows that it has 16 hours left and it seems that the battery stamina mode isnt working too. and so I started panicking. so i tried to factory reset my phone (of course all your data will be lost in the INTERNAL sd but not with the EXTERNAL sd) and there you go. problem solved! now it uses the battery stamina mode well and my phone lasts longer now.

i hope this helps.

One time poster
Message 9 of 55
Message 9 of 55

really? ok, i'll try factory reset, it's the power and volume up button right? My phone still empty now, no wories. thanks.

One time poster
Message 10 of 55
Message 10 of 55

Hi jagthesoldier,

I've tried press down volume up and power button when i'm at home screen and released it when it vibrate, but once the phone started up, nothing happen. my settings is there, my installed app still there, my call log also still there. what!!!????

what should i do? Am I realy got a fault product?