account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z Battery Life

SOLVED
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 11 of 55
Message 11 of 55

Re: Experia Z Battery Life

try the factory reset option in the settings/ backup & reset/ factory data reset. this should do it.

One time poster
Message 12 of 55
Message 12 of 55

Re: Xperia Z Battery Life

Hi jagthesoldier,

I've tried from Settings > Backup and reset > Reset phone > Erase everything. and yes, it works on battery gauge only. thanks.

but my network still got problem and now i got a dead pixel. I'm going to replace this device.

Inhabitant
Message 13 of 55
Message 13 of 55

woah.. you really got a lot of problems there. maybe you should really replace the phone. it comes with the warranty right? so there wont be any problems replacing it.

One time poster
Message 14 of 55
Message 14 of 55

hahaha, yeah, a lot of problems. i'm going to my provider first, if they don't want to replace, i'll go to sony. thanks anyway.

One time poster
Message 15 of 55
Message 15 of 55

well mate, i had the same issue with my battery gauge 2 days ago, so ive done the factory reset. yes it helped and brought my battery back to 4d 21hrs on 100%. but same issue happened this morning and i dont really want to reset my phone every 2 days and restoring all data back on again. so there must be some bug which seems to be coming back after while.. Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 16 of 55
Message 16 of 55

So the battery gauge is confirm fault?

Then sony need to release a patch update for battery gauge

One time poster
Message 17 of 55
Message 17 of 55

agreed. there is something up with the battery gauge. I don t assume this thread answered by suggesting a factory reset.  it s just a temp solution

the battery iself seems fine as can go 1 1/2 day of average use with the phone before i need to recharge but the gauge is miscalculating the prospective stand by time. I had a similar issue with the Xperia T

One time poster
Message 18 of 55
Message 18 of 55

Hello,

Does anyone have a problem with the stamina mode? Yesterday it showed me 15 ours with te stamina mode on at 100% battery life. When I turned it off it didn't change. After the factory reset, the stamina mode was working well and it was changing when i turned it on/off. Today i have the same problem. Now the battery is 100% charged. The expecting standby-time is: 2 days and 10 ours. When i turn in on/off it does not change.

Is this a main problem? Any supports or updates from sony for this problem?..

Visitor
Message 19 of 55
Message 19 of 55

Re: Experia Z Battery Life

Battery guage just shows arbitarary battery life. Actual battery life varies depending upon usage. If you want to test your battery, note the time when you fully charged it and test it how much actual time you get from it. If you get pretty good back up time (in case of smart phones, it is mostly 1 day or 2 days with normal use) then your battery is fine. Get some good ''battery'' application from play store to keep eye on your battery stats. I shall recommend to get 'Battery' application developed by Macro Pinch.

Visitor
Message 20 of 55
Message 20 of 55

Secondly, performing factory reset for just 'wrong assessment of battery metre' is mere stupidity. Instead of doing this, search for good battery application over Google Play Store. I wonder why ''this factory reset'' post has been marked ''correct answer''. If your phone is full of precious stuff, will you still do this? Dizzy Face