account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

XPERIA Z microphone issue after 4.4 update

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

XPERIA Z microphone issue after 4.4 update

Hello Guys!

I have an XPERIA Z (C6603) UK region and I updated my device to KitKat (FW 10.5.A.0.230). But when I'm using WhatsApp, I realized my audio message was sending a silence even when I talk near the microphone. The same happens in a call app. I did a factory reset, I did a repair by Sony Update Service and PC Companion but it did not solve my problem. I flashed a 4.3 back in my device and this problem was solved, but after that I updated back to KitKat and the problem came back.

Searching in Google™ I fount some folks saying this is a software problem (and of course it is, because at Android 4.3 it works perfectly) and some of them said that this was Skype's fault. I uninstaled it, but the problem still occurs.

Does anybody have this issue? Did anybody solve it?

The last update **bleep**! I'm disappointed with Sony.

Regards.

10 REPLIES 10
Learner
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: XPERIA Z microphone issue after 4.4 update

I appear to have the same problem. Have just noticed that the mic doesn't pick up anything regardless of app I try. It was working before I updated to 4.4.2!
Inhabitant
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

I often have this problem but after a reboot it works...i don't know why!

Learner
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Luketto1995 that does sort it out. How foolish of me to expect that my phone would work properly without regular reboots :-)
Inhabitant
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Oh i know! But my microphone restart to works also after a call..it's like a battery saver that switch off the microphone...

One time poster
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Even i have the same problem with my Xperia ZL, i tried reboot, still doesn't work.. Slightly frowning Face

Any solution for this?

One time poster
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

I have sama problem, my xperia z microphone is not working at all during recording video or recording sound anter upgrading to 4.4 kitkat. However i found a way to turn the microphone on, seting -sound -- and turn on - or- off CLEAR PHASE and XLOUD setting, and..,,. The microphone is WORKING and recording the sound again., But... the problem is always coming back, so i'm waiting explanation from SONY about this problem
One time poster
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Hi ! I know that the post is a little bit old but i have the same problem for a long time and i wanted to know if anybody found a solution. Thanks and excuse me for my English

One time poster
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

zia1908 same my problem as yours. Slightly frowning Face
One time poster
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

I have also this problem after update kitkat 4.4.4 my sony Xperia zr phone mic is not working how to solved this problem?