account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Why I can't pull my notifications bar?

One time poster
Message 31 of 49
Message 31 of 49

Re: Why I can't pull my notifications bar?

So have we got solution for this? I've been having the issue since 2 days ago (z3c). Same issue worked fine in landscape and locked screen. Pretty sure this is software issue rather than hardware.

Its amazing that Sony didnt release a patch for this issue considering that lots of users already complained about this. It is as if Sony had given up..
One time poster
Message 32 of 49
Message 32 of 49

I got the same problem for a first time this morning. No idea why it came, but someone said he got the problem after pc charging and i charged the phone with my pc on monday. Is this causing the problem or what? And how come sony havent done anything to fix this?
One time poster
Message 33 of 49
Message 33 of 49

Z3 compact - phone went haywire for a bit detecting presses when there were one. Restarted and all fine. A few days later and now no pull down of notifications.  

The area of the screen works. e.g. in other apps or even on the home screen itself. if held for a few seconds it goes into customize. Phone is painful to use withb no quick access.  (auto rotate goes back to vertical in home screen so there is no way for me to access it) 

One time poster
Message 34 of 49
Message 34 of 49

I just have sane problem last night and I suspect touch screen issue. Yes I think it is as I just finish touch screen test which I have to wipe the whole screen to clear picture, I can't clear top part of it. Now I know the cause but not the solution. Any thought?

Ps did't drop the phone
Visitor
Message 35 of 49
Message 35 of 49

Haha listen fellas i got the same problem with my xperia z3 and i went to service center and they've sent my phone to company under warranty and i got back a call saying the phone is liquid damaged and doesn't come under warranty and so i need to pay 23,500 for replacement of motherboard to fix the problem! Cmonn who advertised saying its a waterproof phone n now defending saying it's just water resistant and asking for 70% of phones price for repair! Don't buy sony mobiles guys im suggesting after two horrible experiences with it. I feel no regrets if im offensive. Only the sufferers know this pain. Listen up sony. Ty for such a good sound QUANTITY that i rarely hear to calls i get. Earphones i got with phone stopped working after 5 months.! Worst volume! Horrible front camera, extremely water resistant!! Just for 40 thousand rupees!! Alasss!

Visitor
Message 36 of 49
Message 36 of 49

Guys however this trick is working with me try pulling down the notification bar in portrait mode from top leftt corner from sensor with a bit pressure with thumb.
One time poster
Message 37 of 49
Message 37 of 49

Same concern here... I'm careful with my phone and even have rubber casing on it. Tried Diagnostics and it failed.

I went to Sony Service Center and they said the front casing needs to be replaced since the problem is with the LCD display. :-(
One time poster
Message 38 of 49
Message 38 of 49

MINE IS DOING THE SAME THING!😭😭😭
One time poster
Message 39 of 49
Message 39 of 49

Re: Xperia z3 Dual status bar not sliding down

Where are you? SAM?

One time poster
Message 40 of 49
Message 40 of 49

Hi Sony,
I had software update this morning and since then the top 2mm of my screen is unresponsive. I did several touch screen tests and always got the same result. This is the reason why people complain about notification drawer cannot be opened. The issue is not with the drawer, it's about the touch screen configuration.

To those who want to open notification drawer meanwhile they fix the issue, there's an app to solve the problem.

I hope it's helpful and you fix the issue soon.