account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

When are we getting the latest update? 4.3 and 4.4.2 and 4.4.4

One time poster
Message 501 of 870
Message 501 of 870

Cant update zony xperia z to android 4.4.2

I just bought a Sony Xperia Z, the device is from Emirates Arabs Unites, i want to update it to android 4.4.2 but I could not get the update, i could not find it...i tried with sony pc companion but it says that the device has the lastes version (the android version of the device is 4.3), i also tried with another app from sony in the laptop to update it (i cant remember the name of the app) but it also says the device has the latest version.
I want you to Help me to find another way to update it.

Thanks

Germán Diaz Aguilar
One time poster
Message 502 of 870
Message 502 of 870

Re: Cant update zony xperia z to android 4.4.2

Same problem Slightly frowning Face

Apprentice
Message 503 of 870
Message 503 of 870

Xperia ZR update to Android 4.4 KitKat

It has been over a month and I can not find the update to KITKAT for my ZR. I keep searching for updates but nothing.

Could you please help??

Apprentice
Message 504 of 870
Message 504 of 870

Re: Xperia ZR update to Android 4.4 KitKat

I want to update my xperia Z as well but no use... it says that I've got the latest system. my build number is 10.4.1.B.0.101. I bought this phone week ago and updated it on 4.3. still can not get 4.4

sony support any help?

One time poster
Message 505 of 870
Message 505 of 870

Kitkat

Can anyone tell me the confirmed release date of the android kitkat version in india?
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 506 of 870
Message 506 of 870

Re: Kitkat

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

Unfortunately we are unable to confirm when specific firmware version will be released for handsets/regions due to the nature of the approval process. Please see the below link for additional information regarding this process:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/The-software-update-collection-topic/m-p/348066#U348066

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 507 of 870
Message 507 of 870

KITKAT UPDATE NOW AVAILABLE IN INDIA FOR XPERIA Z!!!

One time poster
Message 508 of 870
Message 508 of 870

Xperia Z update service fail

I have problem with my xperia z C6602, 

my device dead after update service fail.

The installation progress bar moved to about 3% and stayed there for a long time before the same installation failure message "The Update was unsuccessful" The installation failed. Please disconnect the phone and make sure the battery is fully charged before trying again. If the problem persists, please contact support" 

when i reconnect my device to PC, SONY logo appears on my screen, followed by a message indicating that "The Software update failed. Make sure that your phone is connected to the computer and try again", and then the phone turns itself off. 

Please Help. Thanks.

Inhabitant
Message 509 of 870
Message 509 of 870

UPDATE AVAILABLE FOR BOTH XPEERIA Z C6602 AND C6603

Learner
Message 510 of 870
Message 510 of 870

kitkat update received in India.

Finally got the update.... It's too late sony