account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

When are we getting the latest update? 4.3 and 4.4.2 and 4.4.4

Learner
Message 421 of 870
Message 421 of 870

when the kitkat update for xperia zl will be roll out????

I'v waiting for about 1 month since the sony anounce that the kitkat update will be released on (may 21, 2014). Then untill now i haven 't receive any notification for the update. What happen sony?? Please update me sony. I'm from phillipines. And i bought my zl last year august 2013.
Message 422 of 870
Message 422 of 870

xperia z kitkat upgrade

on sony(India) site it is showing kitkat release in may but still xperia z is not upgrading to kitkat(upgrade not showing in PC suite).

is there is an error?

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 423 of 870
Message 423 of 870

Re: when the kitkat update for xperia zl will be roll out????

Unfortunately we are unable to confirm specific date for any particular firmware release due to the nature of the approval process. For further information regarding the approval process please see here.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/The-software-update-collection-topic/m-p/348066#U348066

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 424 of 870
Message 424 of 870

Re: xperia z kitkat upgrade

Same problem in Kenya as well.
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 425 of 870
Message 425 of 870

Re: xperia z kitkat upgrade

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

Unfortunately we are unable to confirm specific date for any particular firmware release due to the nature of the approval process. For further information regarding the approval process please see here.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/The-software-update-collection-topic/m-p/348066#U348066

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 426 of 870
Message 426 of 870

Re: When are we getting the latest update? 4.3 and 4.4

Last time it takes a month (generic, germany)

One time poster
Message 427 of 870
Message 427 of 870

when we got bugfixes on 230 update?

when we can got bugfixes on last update? like normal buttery usage and oters? i bout phone and update it and got 8-12h working device! its not ok! and 4.4.2 boot screen was bad ! when i saw phone in shop it has cool boot screen (4.2.2 andro) and after update boot screen going to purple gey colour -( and dat lags in preferences menu - 4 core processor and menu lagged **bleep** ? can i delete last update and get 4.2.2 android ? it has cool boot scr and no bugs and lags !

One time poster
Message 428 of 870
Message 428 of 870

Can't update my Xperia ZR to kitkat

I am not getting an option to update my phone to kitkat or any other higher version. It is currently Android 4.3, Build no. 10.4.1.B.0.101

Learner
Message 429 of 870
Message 429 of 870

Oops there is no UPATE you are going to get for ZR (c 5502)... I guess it is official now

Hi Guys,

Oops there is no UPATE you are going to get for ZR (C 5502)... I guess it is official now.

I read on Sony's official website KITKAT is rolling for SONY XPERIA ZR C 5502 but where and which of INDIA.

I called up SONY XPERIA service center and they said it is rolling ....what where it is rolling ????

I Guess we  are fools who except something from SONY..... better choice go for some cheap phone instead of paying for SOOO CALLED BRANDS.... THIS IS LAST BRANDED PHONE HERE AFTER NEVER GOING TO INVEST SO HUGE Z9HARD EARNED MONAY) SO SUCH KIND OF THINGS AND BRANDS.

Ashish

Adept
Message 430 of 870
Message 430 of 870

Should i update to 4.4.3? - Xperia Z smartphone

Hi, i recently got a message that says i can update my xperia z smartphone to 10.5.A.0.230 (kitkat 4.4.2)... Should i update to it? Everyone says that 4.4.2 users have huge performance and battery problems... Is there a way to fix it completely? Mabye is already fixed? Or should i wait for a new version like 4.4.3 or 4.4.4? :|