account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

When are we getting the latest update? 4.3 and 4.4.2 and 4.4.4

Visitor
Message 701 of 870
Message 701 of 870

Xperia Z not updating to 4.4.4

I already tried to update my Xperia Z trough Sony PC Companion 3 times and i always get the same error. The software downloads, it shutdown the phone but after that it shows an error saying the Sony Update Engine can't find the update for my phone -.-. How's this possible if the update is available already? Any solution? 

Inhabitant
Message 702 of 870
Message 702 of 870

Still no 4.4 update. :(

Hey guys,

I still haven't received a 4.4 upgrade. And I'm not even talking about the latest stuff. I'm talking about the first 4.4 update.

My phone is still running Android 4.3, with the build number 10.4.1.B.0.101. I have friends who have already received this update months ago. We use the same carrier, we have the same phones. And yet, my phone doesn't want to update. 

What can I do?

Cheers,

Chris.

Visitor
Message 703 of 870
Message 703 of 870

Problem in updating for Xperia Z (C6603)

My Xperia Z (C6603) got the notification for the latest update for  10.5.1.a.0.283 via the update centre app. I downloaded the update and pressed installed and phone shutdown but then it stop installing , the phone rebooted and I got notification "could not installed". Please HelpWorried Face

One time poster
Message 704 of 870
Message 704 of 870

Software update for xperia z phone

Hello goood morning Im brazilian and I live in Australia and I get a mobol Xperia Z EMEI  and this morning I recieve a new software and trying to dowloading in my mobol and don't work, please could you help me with this because  I don't know how to do in my  mobol. I tryed before doing everything that is indicated but don't work. Thank you for help me.

One time poster
Message 705 of 870
Message 705 of 870

Re: Software update for xperia z phone

I have the same problem with my ZR here in Sweden.

Latest update (todays update) can't be installed.

It restarts upon installation.

Android-icon shows and loadbar goes 5-10 % and then the phone reboots.

Demigod
Message 706 of 870
Message 706 of 870

Re: Software update for xperia z phone

@aicercul wrote:

Hello goood morning Im brazilian and I live in Australia and I get a mobol Xperia Z EMEI 359775051689481 and this morning I recieve a new software and trying to dowloading in my mobol and don't work, please could you help me with this because  I don't know how to do in my  mobol. I tryed before doing everything that is indicated but don't work. Thank you for help me.

HI You may want to edit your post to remove your IMEI, did you try to update over the phone update centre?

If that don't work, you need to have a desktop to update the phone with PC Companion.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

@Gren wrote:

I have the same problem with my ZR here in Sweden.

Latest update (todays update) can't be installed.

It restarts upon installation.

Android-icon shows and loadbar goes 5-10 % and then the phone reboots.

Hi Please download PC Companion and do perform a software repair under support zone > Phone / Tablet software update > repair my phone / tablet.
http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

One time poster
Message 707 of 870
Message 707 of 870

Re: Cannot Update android 4.4.4 to my Xperia ZR

dont worry

youre not alone

i cant update it also

maybe the update still got some bugs

Regular
Message 708 of 870
Message 708 of 870

Re: sony i beg u

Mobile hardware manufacturers tend to be quite vague about future support, especially when they release a slew of devices. So, at this point it's not clear which phones will get the Android L update. However, this article tries to guess the best case for older device. You may find some solace in it or find it equally frustrating for it's vagueness.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/560056/20140723/android-l-update-sony-xperia-devices-out.htm

All in all, you will have to wait at least till mid 2015 to see any chance of updates for the ZR.

One time poster
Message 709 of 870
Message 709 of 870

Re: Xperia Z not updating to 4.4.4

also what happened to me. tried updating it tru wifi and even tru pc suite, but no luck. good thing im not the only one experiencing it 

One time poster
Message 710 of 870
Message 710 of 870

Re: Xperia Z 4.4.4 update downloads but installation fails

Same problem here on ZR. 4.4.4 update fails to install.