account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

When are we getting the latest update? 4.3 and 4.4.2 and 4.4.4

One time poster
Message 841 of 870
Message 841 of 870

firmware update for xperia z 10.5.A.0.233 - to update adroid 4.4.4

hi 

i was trying to update my sony device since long time currently i have the android 4.4.2  but too bad that i have seen in online that many users have the 4.4.3 or 4.4.4  but unfortunatly i could not update my device to 4.4.4 or 4.4.3

my device currently having this firmawere - 10.5.A.0.233 

need a solution ASAP 

Forum Legend
Message 842 of 870
Message 842 of 870

Re: firmware update for xperia z 10.5.A.0.233 - to update adroid 4.4.4

You can manually flash another country's firmware however to answer your question - Before generic handsets get the update the networks have to all authorise the update, I'm not saying they have to release the update but they do have to authorise it - Then Sony will be authorised to release it to generic devices

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

One time poster
Message 843 of 870
Message 843 of 870

Re: When are we getting the latest update? 4.3 and 4.4.2 and 4.4.4

I'm on the 10.5.A.0.283 and today I got a request to update to 10.5.A.0.292.
Im not able to update my phone, it just says try again. Rebooting and the same once more...
Anyone got a solution?
Talent
Message 844 of 870
Message 844 of 870

Re: When are we getting the latest update? 4.3 and 4.4.2 and 4.4.4

@lehmann... From which region you are
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 845 of 870
Message 845 of 870

No Android Kitkat 4.4.4 so far at least. Forget about lollipop

Hi all,

I got the Kitkat 4.4.2 but after that I did not get any other update so far. Nexus and other devices got even lollipop and Xperia even not rolling Kitkat 4.4.4. Sony is promising for the lollipop in the early 2015 but I guess it will be like kitkat. 6-7 months after the Nexus got Kitkat, Sony released the update for Xperia Z series. Please help me in getting at least 4.4.4. So far no updates after 4.4.2

Best Regards

Forum Legend
Message 846 of 870
Message 846 of 870

Re: No Android Kitkat 4.4.4 so far at least. Forget about lollipop

What's so special about 4.4.4 other than it was a bug fix that was implemented into 4.4.2 by Sony in later releases - Those that have 4.4.4 missed the bug fix - Believe me or not but that's all it was and is - A plain and simple bug fix

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Enthusiast
Message 847 of 870
Message 847 of 870

10.5.1.A.0.292

Anyone got offered this update on their Z phones? Any user feedback (eg, battery drain still there, lags etc etc)?

Got offered this via an OTA update. Haven't yet tried PC Companion on the computer, but I'd assume that it'll be there.

One time poster
Message 848 of 870
Message 848 of 870

i cant upload my Xperia ZR

Hello, I tried to install the upgrade on my Xperia ZR, but when already downloaded and proceed to install it on my device, it just restarts, and tells me that a problem occurred in the installation,

I have already dealt with pc companion, but this only tells me that my device is updated,

help me please

Forum Legend
Message 849 of 870
Message 849 of 870

Re: i cant upload my Xperia ZR

Try performing a system repair as this will often fix issues after an upgrade - This will factory reset your phone

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)
Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the onscreen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

One time poster
Message 850 of 870
Message 850 of 870

Xperia z not updating to 4.4 kitkat

Hi, recently I bought a Sony Xperia Z C6603 and it was only up to android 10.3.1.A.0.244 in the software updates, so it was way behind. I tried to update the software to 10.3.1.A.2.67 but it just rebooted and said that it could not install. so i tried again and again. Ive had the phone for a week now and I've tried updating the phone once every day. Something is not working. I tried everything that was suggested by Sony for other people who had the same problem. Still nothing has worked in trying to update my phone. when I go on to PC companion, the app says that the phone is "up-to-date" with the software. ive tried everything. can someone please help me!