account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

When are we getting the latest update? 4.3 and 4.4.2 and 4.4.4

One time poster
Message 831 of 870
Message 831 of 870

Re: When are we getting the latest update? 4.3 and 4.4.2 and 4.4.4

Received update two days ago (UK) & so far there has been a massive improvement in battery life without having to disable any functions. Well done Sony finally have a proper smart phone again.
Rookie
Message 832 of 870
Message 832 of 870

Re: When are we getting the latest update? 4.3 and 4.4.2 and 4.4.4

not got or had any of those issues, only the sms/mms notification issue which is now all fixed so i'm happy

if we do ever get v5 saves me upgrading Slightly smiling Face

Adviser
Message 833 of 870
Message 833 of 870

Android L on Xperia Z????????

When we are going to get Android L on Xperia Z????????

One time poster
Message 834 of 870
Message 834 of 870

update to 4.4.4

hey guy i dint get the 4.4.4 update till now but my friend got that update, i have tried with pc companion too but it is not showing the update please give me a solution...

One time poster
Message 835 of 870
Message 835 of 870

when will we get Android 4.4.4 for generic hong kong

hi

I have a sony xperia z 6603 generic hong kong version..

its been 3 months since 4.4.4 was announced and generic hongkong did not get the update till now..we are stuck at 4.4.2 which just compells me to root or shift to other mobile platforms..

it would be helpful if you could tell how much time will it take for the update and i also read somewhere that companies are skipping updates like 4.4.2 to 5.0 (skipping 4.4.4) if it is the case for us please tell us...

i really love xperia z so please make my phone well.. T.T

Forum Legend
Message 836 of 870
Message 836 of 870

Re: when will we get Android 4.4.4 for generic hong kong

We are a user support forum meaning we are user/owners of devices like you but have stuck around to help others which means we are unable to answer such questions and have no influence to be able to acquire the answer - You need to contact Xperia care http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Apprentice
Message 837 of 870
Message 837 of 870

My last update 4.4.2

I live in Poland and have bought my refurbished XPERIA Z in China by Aliexpress with android 4.1.2. I had to make all the updates to 4.2 and next to 4.3 and finally to 4.4.2 as my last update available. Shall I still get android 4.4.4? It it possible to check when shall I get it?
Enthusiast
Message 838 of 870
Message 838 of 870

10.5.1.A.0.292 update rolling for Xperia Z, ZL, ZR

10.5.1.A.0.292 firmware rolling for Xperia Z, ZL, ZR, Tablet Z.

Version - Android 4.4.4

Type - Bug Fixing update

Changelog : Updated Kernel with new build date.

Confirmed in Nordic regions..

About phone screenshot below.

Xperia Z 10.5.1.A.0.292 firmware update.jpg

Did you notice any major changes in the updates ?

P.S. Not Adding link back to original source of screenshot as "Moderators" have forbidden me to add.

Don't forget to give Kudos.
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 839 of 870
Message 839 of 870

New update (10.5.1.A.0.292) rolling to older Xperia Z series - When for ZR in Pakistan

New software with firmware build 10.5.1.A.0.292 has been released for the older Xperia Z series. The update moves the build number from the current version (10.5.1.A.0.283) and as the small change in build number suggests, there are no tangible changes. It is likely therefore to be a bug fix update only.

The update is currently live for select regions on the Xperia Z, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z. The Xperia ZL is still yet to receive the update.

Forum Legend
Message 840 of 870
Message 840 of 870

Re: New update (10.5.1.A.0.292) rolling to older Xperia Z series - When for ZR in Pakistan

It is a bug fix due in part to an issue with the Play store and Google bounce technology

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman