account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

When are we getting the latest update? 4.3 and 4.4.2 and 4.4.4

Highlighted
Regular
Message 811 of 870
Message 811 of 870

Re: When are we getting the latest update? 4.3 and 4.4.2 and 4.4.4

just wondering if anyone on tmobile had recieved the 4.4.4 update for the xperia z in the uk yet? feels like forever since they announced it and still nothing

One time poster
Message 812 of 870
Message 812 of 870

update 10.5.1.A.0.283 failure

I got system update fot 10.5.1.A.0.283 and begin to install with pc companion. the update downloaded and begin to install. the phone turned off and during the update there was error 100 and could not continue. now when I turn on the phone i got a message ,,software update fail. make sure it is connetcted to a pc and retry the update,,. I tried with repair and hard reset but no success. can every one help me how to to repair with the previous software or eny solution?

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 813 of 870
Message 813 of 870

Re: update 10.5.1.A.0.283 failure

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

Please follow the below steps to run a firmware repair and reload the operating system.

Running the software repair

Before you start you have to download the PC Companion software and install it on your PC.

Once installed on your PC, double-click the PC Companion icon on your desktop to start the update.

Please ensure your phone is powered off and not connected to the PC when you begin this process. You are not required to connect the phone until after step 10.

1. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.

2. Phone Software Update.

3. Start.

4. Repair Phone

5. Continue

6. Accept data removal

7. Next

8. Wait for prepare

9. Select Phone

10. Follow the connection steps

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 814 of 870
Message 814 of 870

Should I update my ZR to 4.4.4?

Hi, 

I am still on 4.2.2 on ZR as I am worried that updating will create issues. I updated from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 as in 4.1.2 FM radio quality was very poor. 4.2.2  still has pathetic camera quality - it is 13 mega pixel for creating bigger images only but qaulity is lesser than 3.2 mega pixell camera. Call volume is way too low on ear phone too. Substandard equipment, Is 4.4.4 is going to improve this?.

Thank you.

Adept
Message 815 of 870
Message 815 of 870

Re: Should I update my ZR to 4.4.4?

Yes you should upgrade phone was lagging in older versions and camera quality in 4.4.4 is good as compared to older versions if you want to take pics which are nearer i will recommend you to use Google Camera app.

One time poster
Message 816 of 870
Message 816 of 870

Xperia Z update to 10.5.1.A.0.283 Fails...

Hello every body. I'm trying to update my Sony Xperia Z C6602 to new firmware version 10.5.1.A.0.283 using Sony Pc Companion software. I do all the steps correctly, but when the update process (Step 3) starts, when phone shuts down, update process stops and give me a message that there is no software available for my device and I should try again later. I do these steps more than ten times but the problem persists. Can anyone help me? Or does anyone the same problem?

update error.png

One time poster
Message 817 of 870
Message 817 of 870

Re: Xperia Z update to 10.5.1.A.0.283 Fails...

Hi...

Can anybody help mi out?

i tried updating my xperia z software but it didnt work out. using the pc companion everything was fine til it came to the phone update part. they tell mi that sony update failure(error 100) does anybody know what this means? coz now my fone is as good as dead. when i try to  turn it on, the update failure shows up saying i should make sure that my fone is connected to the computer and try again. but whenever i try, the fone never connects to the laptop i have even tried to with a different USB and there is no change. can anybody help? please? how can i fix this?

thx

Learner
Message 818 of 870
Message 818 of 870

Re: Xperia Z update to 10.5.1.A.0.283 Fails...

Three days ago I had same problem. But after 12 hours and some posts here SONY fixed this update and everything goes ok. Now (after 24 hours) it works all fine.

Rookie
Message 819 of 870
Message 819 of 870

Hello,

Any idea on when Orange UK will get this do we know?

Also, does anyone know if fixes this bug:

http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/04/03/sony-to-release-new-kitkat-firmware-next-week-to-fix-sound-bug-...

"Sony to release new KitKat firmware next week to fix sound bug for Xperia Z1, Z Ultra and Z1 Compact users"

because i've had this issue since i upgraded to 4.4.2 when was available and if this is things to come from Sony, may have to look at another brand of phone after 15 & more years!

mine is uk c6603

seus keeps saying i am on latest

Neil

Regular
Message 820 of 870
Message 820 of 870

Is 4.4.4 coming to UK unbranded?