account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

When are we getting the latest update? 4.3 and 4.4.2 and 4.4.4

ydc
Visitor
Message 751 of 870
Message 751 of 870

Re: cannot upgrade xperia z to 10.5.1.A.0.283

Thanks Thommo, I had not try to upgrade using a pc, but now I am. If this will not solve my problem I will uninstall my antivirus from my phone since I already shut it down, and try again. Thanks again.
Message 752 of 870
Message 752 of 870

Re: cannot upgrade xperia z to 10.5.1.A.0.283

Try pc companion--yesterday night i have updated my Z to 4.4.4 successfully--but one problem may occur -- u cant make sd card as default storage for any app

Regular
Message 753 of 870
Message 753 of 870

Re: When are we getting the latest update? 4.3 and 4.4.2 and 4.4.4

Yup just received the (10.5.1.A.0.283).

Same issue as some are facing "could not install new software version. Try again" message keeps popping up...

Did try downloading it several times, but with same results.

Xperia ZL

Bahrain
Highlighted
Regular
Message 754 of 870
Message 754 of 870

hello guys.

I had the same problem. couldnt install via wifi or data connection.

as some other friends in this forum said, I tried to update my device using PC Companion program and it worked!

there was just one problem. at the start of update download, windows firewall prevent PC Companion to reach the internet. you should unblock it.

now, I have android 4.4.4

I will post my experience with kit kat 4.4.4

Iran, Xperia ZR

One time poster
Message 755 of 870
Message 755 of 870

Same problem. The phone tries to update and show the android icon after restarting, but the progress bar stops, the phone continues restarting and the system finally informs that the cannot be done. Thanks.
Visitor
Message 756 of 870
Message 756 of 870

Hi! I have a MAJOR problem. Colud not install latest upgrade on my ZR using the phone, so today I tried using PC Companion...

The download of the files went on fine and instlalation on the phone began - now I get a message on the phone on a black screen that the installation failed - try again - AND I CANNOT RESTART MY PHONE!! Further the PC will not register that the phone i connected - so NO CONTACT with th ephone at all!!!!! PLEASE HELP!

Is it possible to boot the phone somehow manually ??

Forum Legend
Message 757 of 870
Message 757 of 870

Try performing a system repair - This will factory reset your phone

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)

Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the onscreen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Visitor
Message 758 of 870
Message 758 of 870

Hi Thommo, thabk for the quick reply - just tried with holding volume + power button - but still got the screen with "Software update failed... Try again" Slightly frowning Face

Forum Legend
Message 759 of 870
Message 759 of 870

The volume up plus power is to fully switch your phone off before peforming a system repair - Did you follow the rest of the guide - Also is your bootloader unlocked or are you rooted?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Visitor
Message 760 of 870
Message 760 of 870

(new login, but still jahra Slightly smiling Face )

Ok, but wether I try to push just the power button, or volume-up together with power button I get the "failure" screen... And my PC does not connect to the phone, so cannot dlo naything further with PC companion...

I have not rooted the phone or anything...