account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

When are we getting the latest update? 4.3 and 4.4.2 and 4.4.4

Learner
Message 691 of 870
Message 691 of 870

Re: Cannot Update android 4.4.4 to my Xperia ZR

which model n region of your phone?

Highlighted
Learner
Message 692 of 870
Message 692 of 870

Re: android 4.4

whats your phone model n customization number?

Regular
Message 693 of 870
Message 693 of 870

Re: Android 4.4.4 now rolling for Xperia Z, ZL, ZR and Tablet Z

what region are you here in the Philippines?

Regular
Message 694 of 870
Message 694 of 870

Re: Did not even get 4.4.2 update for xperia zr

So do i have to root it
Learner
Message 695 of 870
Message 695 of 870

Re: Did not even get 4.4.2 update for xperia zr

no. first flash n check everything is okay and u r getting notifications about updates. u can root it then using towelroot method

One time poster
Message 696 of 870
Message 696 of 870

new update that release

sony z could not install update 10.5.1.a.0.283

after i download the software, and then click for the install my phone are shutting down and show up an android robots that normally show up when installation for new update. But when the update started for awhile the android robot are gone and my phone are go into start up. after that the could not install update are pop up. i have tried for several time and the result are same. please guide me for more infomation and help me to update my android version. thank you. your help are appriciated

One time poster
Message 697 of 870
Message 697 of 870

sony i beg u

hi im from india and i request every1to support me for pleasing sony for giving a last update the android l. Please sony please i buyed this zr at 30k and now my frnds say tht its a waste of money if it doesnt get an android l which is an awe awesome update.So i request pls consider it the last update but pls provide us an android l update.
by a true sony xperia zr fan.
pls we beg u.
Rookie
Message 698 of 870
Message 698 of 870

Xperia Z 4.4.4 update downloads but installation fails

I've tried several times, but each time after the download and restart, it shows the Android upgrade screen only for a moment, and then restarts.

When I log in I'm still on 4.4.2 and I have a message saying that the upgrade failed and I should try again.

"Try again" obviously isn't working, is there anything else I can try?

(When I connect to my Mac, the Sony Bridge software says my phone is already at the latest level, which it thinks is 4.4.2, so that "something else" isn't helping.)

Enthusiast
Message 699 of 870
Message 699 of 870

Re: xperia zr not updating

I also got the same error on my ZR. i even unrooted my phone before trying for second time still couldn't update. wasted 262 mb of very expensive 3G. :@
Life is One! Have Funn!!
Enthusiast
Message 700 of 870
Message 700 of 870

Re: Xperia Z 4.4.4 update downloads but installation fails

I also got the same error on my ZR. i even unrooted my phone before trying for second time still couldn't update. wasted 262 mb of very expensive 3G. 😬
Life is One! Have Funn!!