account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

When are we getting the latest update? 4.3 and 4.4.2 and 4.4.4

Forum Legend
Message 611 of 870
Message 611 of 870

Re: xperia zr

Questions that can’t be answered on the support forum.

There are some type of questions that are impossible for us on the support forum to answer. Below you will find some examples on such questions and where to go for more information.

If you have questions like

When will XX software be released globally?
Will there be a maintenance release?

Please go to the News blog or our software update page where this information is shared.

When will XX software be released in my country?
Where do I hand in my phone for repair?
When is my repair finished?

Please contact us in your country/region.

How can I get my app promoted by Sony Xperia?
How can I learn more on Sony Xperia android development?
How do I develop applications for your devices?

Please go the Developer world site for more info.

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Enthusiast
Message 612 of 870
Message 612 of 870

when will we get the firmware update

Sony when will you roll out the latest firmware update for our devices... We are really suffer form your kitkat update.. Hope you take this seriously...
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 613 of 870
Message 613 of 870

Re: when will we get the firmware update

Unfortunately we are unable to confirm when specific firmware version will be released for handsets/regions due to the nature of the approval process. Please see the below link for additional information regarding this process:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/The-software-update-collection-topic/m-p/348066#U348066

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 614 of 870
Message 614 of 870

Dear SAM,

There is a serious lag with Xperia Z. Even if you scroll Settings, you will find lag which was not observed with Jelly Bean 4.3. Xperia Z has a very good configuration and such lag is not acceptable with the high end devices. We request you to kindly fix it.

@Sam wrote:

Unfortunately we are unable to confirm when specific firmware version will be released for handsets/regions due to the nature of the approval process. Please see the below link for additional information regarding this process:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/The-software-update-collection-topic/m-p/348066#U348066

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Thanks,

Sanket.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 615 of 870
Message 615 of 870

This will be fixed in the next software update.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 616 of 870
Message 616 of 870

Sorry sony,but it is bul...it.
I recieve always an update to my movie,walkman but never my kitkat.all of those updates are useless and waste our time and money.
If you really want to be a famous mobile developer you have to be supportive like apple do.i decide to buy a apple iphone just because of its stability and support anymore.
Visitor
Message 617 of 870
Message 617 of 870

Dear,

Let me tell you someting.  Sony Devs are useless. It's been more than a month and these guys are not in a position to release a Stable ROM. There is no professionalism to deal with their customers. Trust me Sony doens't event care about customer after selling phone.

I don't thnik these guys would even feel SHAME after releasing buggy update. I would never recommend Xperia phone to anyone. My friend's keep laughing at my choice after buying Xperia ZR.

It's been a pain after updating Xperia ZR to kitkat, It's like punishment given by Sony to it's customer.

Chiran

One time poster
Message 618 of 870
Message 618 of 870

Re: When are we getting the latest update? 4.3 and 4.4

Hello!

I recently bought my Xperia z (14Aug). I had no problems with it untill today, when I updated the movie app. The phone went crazy slow and during calls the speaker is really loud, although the volume is set to minimum.  Do you have the same problems? What can I do to fix it?

kkg
Learner
Message 619 of 870
Message 619 of 870

Xperia Z -Update To Kit kat in UAE

Hi,

I have purchased my Xperia Z from UAE and Ididn't get any update to Kitkat .now I am in Inda.Pls advic or When will I get the update..

Learner
Message 620 of 870
Message 620 of 870

question: is there any posibility to upgrade the xperia ZL to kikkat 4.4.4?

I would like to know if the xperia ZL have a possibilities to upgrade 4.4.4 kitkat version??? Thanks sony.