account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

When are we getting the latest update? 4.3 and 4.4.2 and 4.4.4

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 251 of 870
Message 251 of 870

Android 4.4 for Z in Belgium : when ?

Hello,

I just bought the long awaited Sony Smartband and when trying to pair it, I realized that my phone needed to have Android 4.4. Greatly disapointed, I thought I could just upgrade but now it seems that Android 4.4 is not yet available for Belgium. I now have a wonderful Smartband which is pretty much useles if I can't connect it to my phone.

Could you tell me please when Android 4.4 (Kitkat) would be available in Belgium, please ? My operator is Proximus. If not soon, I'll return the Smartband, which would really make me sad.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Patricia

Highlighted
Learner
Message 252 of 870
Message 252 of 870

Re: When are we getting the latest update? 4.3 and 4.4

Welllllllll..... i got the phone for the update ability an for other reasons that was part of the reason... my gf has the HTC ONE M8 it can with 4.4 an just updated to 4,4,2 .**bleep** YOU SONY .your sooo far behind an this phone is gone. ive call sony directly as well as t mobile.. never ever will i get anyrhing with a Sony Name. on it
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 253 of 870
Message 253 of 870

Re: When are we getting the latest update? 4.3 and 4.4

One m8 released on Android 4.4 and it's a new phone.
Whereas Z/ZL/ZR are more than one year old and released on Android 4.1
Highlighted
Regular
Message 254 of 870
Message 254 of 870

XPERIA Z (C6602) 4.4 update?

I want to know,is 4.4 KITKAT UPDATE is avalible to SONY XPERIA Z (C6602) devices.....? And when it will arrives for these devices....?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 255 of 870
Message 255 of 870

Re: XPERIA Z (C6602) 4.4 update?

i want tooo
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 256 of 870
Message 256 of 870

Me waiting too for 4.4.2 update for xperia ZL
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 257 of 870
Message 257 of 870

You should read the other topics about the update release date, there are tons of threads just asking the same question over and over again.
Nobody here does know the release date, not even SONY it self can tell in what date you will be able to download it, EVERY carrier must customize, test and release their own versions of the original one.

SONY will announce the release date in their mobile news blog: http://blogs.sonymobile.com/category/software-upgrades-2/

THEY WILL ANNOUNCE THE UPDATE FOR THE UNBRANDED PHONES, you have to ask YOUR CARRIER when they will be pushing the update to your phones.

Try no to ask again, I am not a mod but it's really annoying to keep reading the same questions over and over and over and over again.

Adept
Message 258 of 870
Message 258 of 870

Always so because it is not normal that they till now did not release an update.:@
Highlighted
Adept
Message 259 of 870
Message 259 of 870

Could be in June
Highlighted
Message 260 of 870
Message 260 of 870

How to update my sony xperia Z from 4.3 to 4.4.2

hi, i am facing difficulty in updating my phone from jelly bean to kit kat, the sony software is showing me that i already have the latest software but the website showing the launch of kitkat in india, plz help me soon