account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

When are we getting the latest update? 4.3 and 4.4.2 and 4.4.4

Message 241 of 870
Message 241 of 870

Re: When are we getting the latest update? 4.3

When My XZ LTE Indonesia....will get any update...still on 4.1.2....
Visitor
Message 242 of 870
Message 242 of 870

updates for xperia Z C6603

is there any updates for xperia Z C6603??
my phone still on android 4.1.2 until now but in the website of sony mobile, there is an updates for it to android 4.3..
why the updates not appeared on my phone?
anyone have the same problem with me?
Visitor
Message 243 of 870
Message 243 of 870

Re: updates for xperia Z C6603

btw, i'm in indonesia region
Message 244 of 870
Message 244 of 870

You should contact xperia care:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Talent
Message 245 of 870
Message 245 of 870

Xperia Care will only read what is on the web page for any model. They won't explain why an update is or is not available. They can't explain, for example, why the 4.3 update was totally removed for the C6506 after 5-February and why the "latest version" is a regression from 10.3.1.A.2.67. For C6506, the current version is listed as 10.3.1.A.0.244! They will say "Each region has its own schedule for release."

Quite frustrating. Inquiring minds would like an official response.

Maybe this is part of the problem. PTCRB has the wrong upgrade version showing. 14.1 instead of 10.4.

ptcrb_C6506.jpg

--
Peter
Xperia ZL C6506
AOKP Rom User
Highlighted
Talent
Message 246 of 870
Message 246 of 870

I reset my phone. The last update I had received was for Android 4.2.2 Firmware 10.3.1.A.2.67. I ran PC Companion and it told me I was up to date. Thinking if I reinstalled the software it might permit me to see a 4.3 upgrade again, I got this message.

So because I have a version later than the now so-called current C6506 firmware, 10.3.1.A.2.67 versus 10.3.1.A.0.244, the whole update process is borked. Sony, kindly fix this. Something went seriously wrong with this model and others too based on the chatter here.

sony_no_update.jpg

--
Peter
Xperia ZL C6506
AOKP Rom User
Rookie
Message 247 of 870
Message 247 of 870

Xperia Z1 camera issue

Ok I am going straight to the point.. The phone IS Amazing with Excellent specs and really fast, But since the update KitKat 4.4 was released the Camera is acting up 300% than usual, it was so easy to access and start taking photos then, but now it takes about 1 minute to start the camera and sometimes it stays blacked-out for a while and nothing happens until I try to turn off/on the Screen and here's where my Heartbeats start running fast, the phone simply turn off for like 3-4 minutes without any responds at all no matter how many times I try to press turn on button, it feels like it was knocked out. nevertheless, I am here to see if someone is also having the same issue and have had their problem fixed and how. Again, The camera takes like 1-2 minute to start and sometimes at capturing photos it just takes the photo, and get stuck at it for 20-30 seconds and then it doesn't save the photo and it force-closes the camera app and says "camera has stopped working" "Wait.Cancel.Close".
Sorry for the long Message, but I am really worried about my device and this thing affects other things in my software/Hardware and I am not sure if it can anyway. 

THANKS a Ton in Advance Hope you guys Got time to reply soon. Slightly smiling Face Worried Face

Adviser
Message 248 of 870
Message 248 of 870

Re: Xperia Z1 camera issue

My phone is exactly the same after the update in April.emailed Sony, no reply after 48 hours.disgusting
Rookie
Message 249 of 870
Message 249 of 870

Re: Xperia Z1 camera issue

So do you think someone will help us here? I am not sure if there is a fix for that now, until a new firmware comes out we will still encounter this problem... is it possible that I go back to OS 4.3 ? I think it was the best for Z1, very fast and even more user-friendly, I kinda didn't like that new notification and setting separated from each other. Actually, 4.3 was better in everything.. lol it's harsh, I've been fighting my friends, my brother and parents who all use IOS, and they call me an idiot for using Android based phone and I keep on telling them that sony is best, I am doubting that now. I think its time to get over these ideas and get something that really improves when a new firmware is out... right?

Regular
Message 250 of 870
Message 250 of 870

xperia zl c6502 not updated

my sony xperia ZL (С6502) is not updated until now to firmware 10.4.1.B.0.101  not with WiFi and not with PC Companion. 3 months have passed both released new firmware  10.4.1.B.0.101