account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

When are we getting the latest update? 4.3 and 4.4.2 and 4.4.4

Highlighted
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 131 of 870
Message 131 of 870

Re: my c6603 dont have any software updates

@Lstr - This means that the network/region your phone was made for has not yet been approved for release. Unfortunately we are unable to confirm specific date for any particular firmware release due to the nature of the approval process.. For further information regarding the approval process please see here.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/The-software-update-collection-topic/m-p/348066#U348066

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution. 
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Message 132 of 870
Message 132 of 870

Re: Xperia Z still on android 4.1.2

used both sony pc companion and update service. but still no luck. little bit frustrated now.
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 133 of 870
Message 133 of 870

Re: Xperia Z still on android 4.1.2

I just got it yesterday. Android 4.3

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 134 of 870
Message 134 of 870

What is happening to the KitKat update weren't we supposed to have it late last year?

Step up Sony!

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 135 of 870
Message 135 of 870

Re: When are we getting the latest update? 4.3

Go to Xda and flash your devices. No point waiting for no good reason.
Highlighted
Learner
Message 136 of 870
Message 136 of 870

Re: When are we getting the latest update? 4.3

Announced 23/12/2013….. and still nothing in Belgium on 09/01/2014 … is “internet” so slow? or Sony's network is running IPoAC ? :smileysmileywink:
I suppose that, as usually, Belgium will be the very last country in the galaxy (oups, bad word) to receive that update, maybe by the end of this century or when the Martians will bring the technology to us???
I wonder why, if I buy a 500.00€ smartphone (C6503), I have to wait for the “permission” of a f.... provider (where I just bought a sim, not a phone) to keep my product up-to-date. If that update is available and if it’s so complicated to spread it OTA, why don’t you propose it on your website at least… you know, on internet, that strange thing permitting to exchange tons of info worldwide (bouuuuh, soo scary!!!), or even on this site where Sony tries to lull us with all this blaa blaa about the fact that "it may take some time to receive this update depending on your country, your provider, the wind force, the rotation of the planet and other pretext".
I also wonder why, also for a **bleep** 500.00€ smartphone, we don’t have the “right” to any clear answer/dates from Sony on this forum. It’s just like poor customers trying to help themselves waiting for the good will of "The Great Sony Master". I don’t see the utility of a “Sony Mobile” blog for that… we better use just a customer’s blog then :smileysmileywink:

By the way, my future door wedge is a Xperia ZL (c6503), bought in Germany (because of internet shopping, you know) and "living" in Belgium. My carrier is Proximus (the sim card) but my C6503 is not sold to me by a provider. The phone software info is 1266-7597_10.31.A.2.67 and the customization version is 1271-0336_R2B (probably generic DE).

Upgrades are supposed to add value and solve problems ;-)
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 137 of 870
Message 137 of 870

No update to 4.3 available on Xperia ZL

My ZL is currently on 4.2.2 and in the System Updates it says that I have the latest version of android, although as I read, the latest available version is 4.3, is something wrong with my phone? I also experience a lot of slow downs and issues when gaming, the battery holds for maximum of 6 hours even when being on stamina mode and on sleep 80% of the time.

Any help?

Highlighted
Adept
Message 138 of 870
Message 138 of 870

Thanks sony for nothing

i have already asked a question but what i got ?
Nothing.
Why ? 
Bcs those lazy peapols dosent read the full problem they just read the subject and say like a boss " Y HAVE TO FLASH SOFTWARE .FTF"

i have tested alot of phones inculidng nokia , iphone , samsung , alcatel , lg , semens but the badest support i have got it was from SE/SONY

when sony and erricson separed they droped alot of good thing incultind my xperia arc update to 4.0.4
when i have faced a problem on my xperia v No one helped me on just saying " flash ftf" wich i have already did and said on the topic wich i have posted before >>>> that show how ur supporters are lazy to read !

here is my topic wich i posted for xperia v help and i got nothing >>>> http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-V/xperia-v-hard-brick-please-help/m-p/487611#U487611

Talent
Message 139 of 870
Message 139 of 870

Re: Thanks sony for nothing

the procedure which I have described in your previous post was faced by me and it took me 5-6 hour to find this procedure and I recovvered my phone.

rest is up to you. Here I do not think sony will try to even help us.this is we should help others.

let me know if any further assistance required.

Sanj.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 140 of 870
Message 140 of 870

Re: Thanks sony for nothing

I swear I tried it and flashtools didnt detected my device and I taked it to Sony offcials they told me that they need to change the motherboard wich isnt available in Egypt to be replcaced