account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Walkman app playing order

One time poster
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Walkman app playing order

Hi, quick question:

I uploaded several albums to my phone with Sony's Media Go application for Windows. However, when I play the songs in the album the order isn't according to the track ID. Obviously shuffle is off, but I'd prefer if I had an option to sort the album.

Does anyone have an idea how best to deal with this? Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Walkman app playing order

The only way I can think of would be rather time consuming. Essentially creating a playlist by adding the tracks to the playlist in the order you want them to play then playing it without shuffle.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Confused? I have uploaded 39 albums so far via media go and every one plays in the correct order.

Where are you storing the albums internal memory or SD card?

One time poster
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

That's a bit too time-consuming, but certainly an idea!

One time poster
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

I don't understand why it's happening. I store my music on a micro SD card. The albums are sorted correctly within Media Go so it isn't as if it's copied the order which is applied there either.

One time poster
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

When you view an album in the walkman app I take it the tracks are out of order. If you use "file commander" and find the album in Sdcard1 > Music > Album name  do all the tracks have their ID number before the titles.  On mine they are:

01 - track title,

02 - track title etc.

for CD's ripped with windows media player or iTunes purchased alums they are:

01 track title

02 track title etc

One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hi i know this is an old thread but ive been having the same problem.

I seem to have sorted it.

It seems that when i check the file proerties on my computer desktop and select details There is a # which is the track number this has to be set to the track number you want for each individual track it will take a long time but it seems this is the only option its a shame sony cannot bring in track numbers by selecting a track info import or something similar

hope this helps