account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown folder baidu is created on starting phone each time

Commissioner
Message 7 of 139
Message 7 of 139

Unknown folder baidu is created on starting phone each time

Upgraded to Android 4.4.4. However I find that each time the phone is restarted, a folder called baidu is automatically created on internal storage. Would anyone know why the folder is created and which program or service creates it?
138 REPLIES
One time poster
Message 1 of 139
Message 1 of 139

baidu to google

i juz bought my xperia s recently, actually my 1st ever smartphone so i really dun know anything about the software and stuffs, when i go back home i found out that my xperia s is running on an android 4.0.4 baidu version instead of google, so i want to ask anyone who knows the steps to convert it to google version smile happy

Forum Legend
Message 2 of 139
Message 2 of 139

Re: baidu to google

Where did you get your phone was it from a retail outlet or private purchase from for example eBay

I only ask because I'm almost sure that Baidu Roms are a Chinese custom Rom varient,

However if you want to use an official Rom then you may have to manually flash so you will need to decide which firmware version you want and which country if a Rom is available

To flash manually you will need to follow these instructions - Ignore the title debrand it's the process that you need to follow http://www.xperiablog.net/2012/03/26/debrand-your-xperia-s-tutorial/

Or as I have already done for a few members on here I could do this for you by remote networking

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

One time poster
Message 3 of 139
Message 3 of 139

thommo: I guest u can say that i bought it through private purchase because in my country there are many unofficial retailers selling mobile phones from China with cheaper price, i'll try the steps that u suggested and see how it goes first

One time poster
Message 4 of 139
Message 4 of 139

i juz found out that my file system version is CHINA_6.1.A.2.45, do i still have to follow the next step to change it?

One time poster
Message 5 of 139
Message 5 of 139

one more thing i juz found out is that memory card: No file found which is different from the website u showed me where there have serial numbers

Forum Legend
Message 6 of 139
Message 6 of 139

Do you have a prefered language as default or country as default - IE: Your phone is China orientated but you want the UK, Indian or German etc as for SD card the XS does not have one it's built in and is called External memory but it's built in - Anything on this external memory will not be deleted unless you go into your settings on your phone and choose to wipe your external memory

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 139
Message 8 of 139

Re: Unknown folder baidu is created on starting phone each time

This folder must be created by an app that you have downloaded. I'm afraid i can't say what app that does it but a search on Google indicates ES File Explorer but could also be other apps.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Talent
Message 9 of 139
Message 9 of 139

I have it too. its not because of 4.4.4 update mine is still 4.4.2

es ex. shows the folder with icons of app belongs to and it seems baidu is not belogs to es ex.

probably of watsapp or viber 

by the way it is empty on my ZL.

One time poster
Message 10 of 139
Message 10 of 139

Hi! i having the same problem here with this update of firmware.

I try by two way by OTA and SPC, but i had the same results... look like this "baidu" script is on the original firmware (look at the date of folders, weird the date is 04/10/1970 ????) , the phone was wipe/reset hard reset... so i think this can´t be a residual trash...

Screenshot_2014-09-12-13-05-35.png

any ideia?

Thanks