account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown folder baidu is created on starting phone each time

Message 31 of 139
Message 31 of 139

Re: Unknown folder baidu is created on starting phone each time

XDA,that is a good place.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 32 of 139
Message 32 of 139

What about warranty? This is from a Sony service started on the phone. So I expect Sony to resolve. Will service center downgrade the OS?

Message 33 of 139
Message 33 of 139

I am not sure but you could contact them and ask:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 34 of 139
Message 34 of 139

[Warning] 'baidu' folder will be created on 10.5.1.A.0.283 in internal storage.

I recently have updated my Xperia ZR to Baltic/Nordic 10.5.1.A.0.283 (Android 4.4.4) and found that 'baidu' (a Chinese search engine) folder is created in the internal storage.

Eventhough I delete it, it is automatically re-created.

As there is no other way, I disabled pre-installed Sony applications as much as possible.

As a result, baidu folder is no longer created.

Like recently found that ES explorer also creates baidu folder and sends some data to baidu server in background without consent, I feel suspicious that 10.5.1.A.0.28 has spyware in it.

I strongly request that Sony development team finds the cause and defend fom any personal data leak.

Visitor
Message 35 of 139
Message 35 of 139

Re: [Warning] 'baidu' folder will be created on 10.5.1.A.0.283 in internal storage.

Strongly ask Sony to fix it and clarify if they use any baidu service background or not.... as it involves personal data issue

Commissioner
Message 36 of 139
Message 36 of 139

Checked with the service center. Downgrade cannot be done.

I also traced the baidu folder. It come from the My Xperia package which is part of firmware of Sony. Therefore, just because of this folder, I will void my warranty by rooting and downgrading? My Xperia is used for locating the device in case of loss. Unticking it in Device Adminiistrators, does not stop it from running.

So, Sony, please amend the firmware to make it function as it is intended to when it is unticked in Device Administrators.

Commissioner
Message 37 of 139
Message 37 of 139

Re: [Warning] 'baidu' folder will be created on 10.5.1.A.0.283 in internal storage.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 38 of 139
Message 38 of 139

I've escalated this internally for more information. I will update you as soon as i get more information.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 39 of 139
Message 39 of 139

Thanks. How long will it take to resolve? Is there a timeline, because smart phone is currently being used like legacy phone without data services.

One time poster
Message 40 of 139
Message 40 of 139

Make sure you have root privilage.

Diable the baidu pushservice by deleting the file:

/system/lib/libbdpush_V2_0.so