account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Unknown folder baidu is created on starting phone each time

Commissioner
Message 11 of 139
Message 11 of 139

Re: Unknown folder baidu is created on starting phone each time

The unknown folder baidu just refuses to go away. Even if I delete it, it comes back on the next restart. Also, when I delete the folder, it comes back after a few hours, if the wireless network or the mobile internet is on. The following is the structure of the folder:

baidu (date 21/01/1970 08:35:27) main folder on /mnt/sdcard

pushservice (same date & time as above)

files

one more folder with 2 SQLite databases in it

pushstat_4.1.db

pushstat_4.1.db-journal

When I open the pushstat_4.1.db folder using sqlite, it shows a table named PushBehavior. This contains some records with fields such as MsgID, errorMsg, AppID, etc. which I do not understand wherefrom they came or what they do. But they do have the appID field filled in with values such as 110, 20, etc.

On further check after the factory reset, I find that all system folders and the baidu folder are also created with the date as 21/01/1970, which means this is coming from the stock firmware 4.4.4 upgrade that Sony has rolled out.

I will now attempt to repair the phone using PC Companion. If it still brings the baidu folder back, then I would suspect and issue as per this site http://www.foresafe.com/report/08141F3A91319A5A1DFAE32296DB8565 which is the only link I could find that had reference to pushstat_4.1.db.

Can Sony Mobile clarify how this folder came about? The xda_developer forum too has people with the similar mysterious baidu folder after the upgrade to 4.4.4.

Can anyone suggest how I can roll back to KitKat 4.4.2?

Commissioner
Message 12 of 139
Message 12 of 139

More update. I did Repair, but the folder just came back. It now has pushlappv2.db along with pushstat_4.1.db. Within baidu is another folder hybrid. This folder contains another folder lightappdb within which is lightapp_v4.db. Please let me know where these came from? Thanks in advance.

Adviser
Message 13 of 139
Message 13 of 139

MyXperia BAIDU - China on my tablet?

Perusing my Xperia tablet Z I found a folder called "baidu" on the internal storage.  It rang a bell but I couldn't figure out why the name sounded familiar.  Then it hit me.  That is the name of the Chinese search giant - China's version of Google.

Within the baidu folder are two folders - "hybrid" and "push service".  There were database files in there that had been recently updated.

Any ideas?

I'm wondering if this has something to do with the MyXperia bdservice which cannot be disabled.

Frankly the idea of anything having to do with Baidu on my tablet is not something I'm comfortable with.

Sony?  What is this "baidu" folder doing here?

PS - No I didn't side load any apps.  The only apps on here are the same ones I have been using on my other androids for years and no "baidu" folder appears on my other droids.

Commissioner
Message 14 of 139
Message 14 of 139

The Baidu folder is created by the Sony my Xperia push service, each time a network connection is turned on or switched off. Is there any way to stop the myXperia service?
Commissioner
Message 15 of 139
Message 15 of 139

Re: MyXperia BAIDU - China on my tablet?

Related to my Xperia.  Same issue on the Sony Xperia ZR Kitkat 4.4.4 upgrade.S

Message 16 of 139
Message 16 of 139

You should be able to disable it from security settings.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 17 of 139
Message 17 of 139

Thanks. Going to Apps -> All -> Disable button is greyed out for my Xperia. So, from there, it cannot be disabled.

Next, in Security Settings, I have not activated it, but every time I connect to internet, either via wireless LAN or mobile internet, the my Xperia service starts and it recreates/updates unknown baidu folder.

Is there a way to stop my Xperia service  from starting altogether?

Process is com.sonymobile.mx.android:bdservice_v1 for broadcast com.sonymobile.mx.android/com.baidu.android.pushservice.PushServiceReceiver

This is from the logcat of the firmware that Sony just rolled out for Xperia ZR 4.4.4.

Is there any way to disable this completely?

Message 18 of 139
Message 18 of 139

Go to device administrators and untick myxperia.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 19 of 139
Message 19 of 139

Thanks. I have done that a few hours back. Yet the baidu folder gets created whenever my Xperia process re-appears in the Running Apps list. I am now disabling Enterprise Services. Will let you know if that solved the problem.

Message 20 of 139
Message 20 of 139

Ok,keep us updated.Strange folder though,seems like the Chinese competitor or version for Google.Maybe is one of your apps related.