account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown folder baidu is created on starting phone each time

Commissioner
Message 131 of 139
Message 131 of 139

Re: Unknown folder baidu is created on starting phone each time

The Baidu is a geo-location service. Sony put out a fix for it for Xperia ZR quite a long time ago. However, I do not know what they did for M2. The folder is created by the MyXperia app used for Lost Phone service by Sony. If you do not have a fix from Sony, you can disable MyXperia using the ADB tool from a computer. See the instructions for workaround on this page http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Unknown-folder-baidu-is-created-on-starting-phone-each-... by backslashhh

One time poster
Message 132 of 139
Message 132 of 139

Is Sony’s Xperia smartphone sending back data to China through ‘Baidu’ folder backdoor?

Hai,
This is Mohammed Ghouse. Iam using Sony xperia SL. Is Sony’s Xperia smartphone sending back data to China through ‘Baidu’ folder backdoor?. The name containing folder is also in my handset. I has been deleted this folder several times but after 2 minutes it automatically.creating in internal memory. I didn't installed such name of application on my device. Please look into the issue and resolve it immediately. I am enclosing an web link to this mail for your ready reference. http://www.techworm.net/2014/10/sonys-xperia-baidu-folder-autostarting-myxperia.html

Thank you
With warm regards
Mohammed Ghouse
Visitor
Message 133 of 139
Message 133 of 139

I saw some Baidu folders on my lg phone too. You can use File manager to find it.
Visitor
Message 134 of 139
Message 134 of 139

What is Baidu for? I am wonder if it has viruses on it
Commissioner
Message 135 of 139
Message 135 of 139

Baidu is like a Google of China. Sony Xperia KitKat upgrade was released by Sony with geo-location for lost phones offered through baidu for all customers irrespective of whether they were Chinese customers or not. This was wrong. Sony fixed the KitKat by releasing a patch, where international customers not from China will no longer have any access to baidu.

You can apply the latest firmware patch from Sony and the problem gets resolved. Just delete the baidu folder that was created by the original KitKat upgrade.

Sony myXperia app was responsible for the creation of the baidu folder. That app has been corrected by Sony in the patch.

baidu folder is also created by application like ES file explorer and if you do not want any connections to China from your Sony phone, just remove the apps that do it.

Adviser
Message 136 of 139
Message 136 of 139

So I can just delete Baidou folder?

I don't want chinky company is stealing my privacy. Why did SONY allow this to happen?

Commissioner
Message 137 of 139
Message 137 of 139

Deleting the folder is not a solution. It will come right back one the myXperia service restarts. You need to disable the myXperia service to get rid of the folder. On newer firmware, Sony released a patch. You can apply later firmware and the folder will not be created. There are other apps from Google Play Store too that can create this folder, typically, ES File Explorer. Make sure you know which ones, before putting it on Sony.

Visitor
Message 138 of 139
Message 138 of 139

Not sure if any of you have ran across misty wiley. 

This is my x sociopath gf. 

She has hacked everything there is to hack. Using Chinese script from dark web. Even has a microsoft windows license to move in and out of any computer undetected and unstoppable. What I'm leading up to is she hacks androids, changes the build.prop,  adds software at will, like sqlite, changes everything. Phone backs up everything you say and do. Controls camera and microphone in real time. She uses Badu as a server so you have to go through her altered manifest Google apps. All her apps have a way to connect to her server, her phone, and computers. 

I can't tell you how to stop it. Wish I knew. 

Download root explorer app, look at all the folders added to your phone. Dev, etc, d, USB 1 thru 10 

Visitor
Message 139 of 139
Message 139 of 139

14911946935501056232573.jpg

1491194713898-83773592.jpg

1491194855531369005654.jpg

1491195006687979864755.jpg

If any of you can trace this back to the sociopath, the fbi is building a case on her.

I don't check mail often because she takes my email address almost as fast as I make them. 

Funny thing is, she was a Sony eXperia freak. Went through a few of them. ? ????

Maybe she was here and sent someone a embedded picture. Another signature of hers I embedding code into a picture and emailing or texting. 

If you suspect an embedded pic, add .TXT to the end of the file. Open it into notepad and read the exit data, you will know if it's script or not