account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Unknown folder baidu is created on starting phone each time

Adviser
Message 121 of 139
Message 121 of 139

Re: Unknown folder baidu is created on starting phone each time

It's been more than two weeks and still no sign of updates for the application My Xperia.
In Italy we have not received anything, often control the "center updates" but nothing.

The folder baidu and continuous connection with the server are still there.

HERE IN ITALY WAIT ALL THE UPDATE OF MY XPERIA

-Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

Visitor
Message 122 of 139
Message 122 of 139

Baidu still there?

Hello! i know that M2 has not this kind of problem but the other xperia phones too but i have this feeling that baidu is still there maybe it disguising or hiding beyond those file-explorers (even premuim ones). i was detected by those malaysian-chinese. 

so here's my situation

>i use Google Chrome version 39 with "Do Not Track" ON

>i use also Hot Spot Shield Elite ON 

>i update myXperia app to v71 and it's off

>Location off too..

but how they know that im from Mandaue,Cebu Philippines with that kind of settings :/ 

i assume that it's still hidden beyond this 3rd-party File Explorers..

hope you can help me with this problem :/

Forum Legend
Message 123 of 139
Message 123 of 139

Re: Baidu still there?

As someone in the IT security business I can tell you that we know where in the world you are based on your IP address as countries are allocated a batch of numbers then those numbers are distributed to suppliers and then onto you so this is how companies know who your provider is and where in the world you are - Do not track is just that it will stop you providing info but it won't stop them pushing country specific ads to you based on your IP address, If you were to setup a proxy then the ads will or may change to whichever country you are spoofing to be from

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Visitor
Message 124 of 139
Message 124 of 139

i dont care about ads and i am not talking about ads. i just worry about my privacy about my social-networking sites by these malaysian-chinese hackers. i didn't bought this phone just to sell my data.

Visitor
Message 125 of 139
Message 125 of 139

so whenever i am even my mobile data off. you can still track me right? so this is bullsh***!

Forum Legend
Message 126 of 139
Message 126 of 139

How can you be tracked with all forms of wifi and data off? and even if they are on! as long as you have set your phone up to not track you then no private info will be sent apart from maybe to those who's apps you are using but then it won't be private data merely usage ie: How best they can push advertising to pages that are visited the most - Even your Pc will do this

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

One time poster
Message 127 of 139
Message 127 of 139

I know how to stop baidu from pinging to China. ( Stop, not delete) you go to settings and check device administrators and disable my Xperia! Chexkthat this works and you should be fine
Adviser
Message 128 of 139
Message 128 of 139

THANK YOU SONY
for solving the problem of BAIDU.
By upgrading to new released Sony xperia z3 z3 compact and there is no trace of BAIDU,
and it was fixed the bug also stamina mode that I had reported some time ago !!
thanks sony because you listen to your users !!

:D
best regards
Visitor
Message 129 of 139
Message 129 of 139

Hello

I do have the same issue on my smartphone XPERIA M2

I suppose this is a spy software ? Really don't know ? and wish too to get a solution for this !

I don't trust much Baidu nor Google AQndroid as far as privacy is concerned ...

brns1111

Visitor
Message 130 of 139
Message 130 of 139

Hello

I precise I have

Android 4.4.4

Model D2303

8926-DAAAANAZQ-101719-16-0052

Kernel 3.4.0-geafc7cd-dirty   

Mon Nov 10 22:19:41 CST 2014

Build 18.3.1.C.0.21

I wish Sony provides an update fo fix this, Thank you in advance for this!

brns1111