account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Unknown folder baidu is created on starting phone each time

One time poster
Message 71 of 139
Message 71 of 139

Baidu spyware on U.S. Xperia release ?

Baidu spyware has been found on recent Xperia releases. Has this been removed from the upcoming U.S. release ?

Adviser
Message 72 of 139
Message 72 of 139

Re: Unknown folder baidu is created on starting phone each time

Discussion also on Reddit and Hacker News.

One time poster
Message 73 of 139
Message 73 of 139

Commissioner
Message 74 of 139
Message 74 of 139

Some twitiot @techworm_in took this entire thread and put as though he knows everything. Such copy/paste Internet reporters actually prove how poor they are at reading and understanding technology. That twitiot would have never used a Xperia phone or tablet everand still went about demonstrating his abilities.

As a Sony Mobile user, I know our genuine concerns are being addressed by Sony and users can circumvent this issue temporarily by applying the workaround stated in this thread. Kudos to Sonymobile for bringing this support forum to facilitate exchange of problems and resolve issues.
Apprentice
Message 75 of 139
Message 75 of 139

I also have this folder in my XPERIA TX with jely bean 4.3 firmware build number 9.2.A.1.205

Commissioner
Message 76 of 139
Message 76 of 139

Re: Baidu spyware on U.S. Xperia release ?

One time poster
Message 77 of 139
Message 77 of 139

I am currently using Xperia S and my firmware is 4.1.2. Sony will not have updates for the older devices but my phone also has the same problem!!! It seems that I can only buy anoher one......

Regular
Message 78 of 139
Message 78 of 139

I found it also on my phone delivered to germany - i used this post to stop the permeantly contacting app until there is a solution from SONY's side...

XDA-Solution

Cheers

Rhonin

One time poster
Message 79 of 139
Message 79 of 139

Zperia Z3 Compact.

I've deleted the folder right now, how can I be sure that it is safe now (until I restart the phone)?

Apprentice
Message 80 of 139
Message 80 of 139

I followed the instructions, it successfully blocked com.sonymobile.mx.android:bdservice_V1 that is running with the myXperia app, rebooted the phone and there it is again, re-created the folder and the service is still running, so even with the Blocking method it manages to run.