account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Unknown folder baidu is created on starting phone each time

One time poster
Message 111 of 139
Message 111 of 139

Unknown folder baidu is created on starting phone each time

Unknown folder baidu is created on starting phone each time, don't know what for?

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 112 of 139
Message 112 of 139

Re: Unknown folder baidu is created on starting phone each time

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

I suggest that you take a look in the following thread for further information:
https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Unknown-folder-baidu-is-created-on-starting-phone-each...

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 113 of 139
Message 113 of 139

Sony, when you release the update? People wait ..

Inhabitant
Message 114 of 139
Message 114 of 139

The fix is available in the form of an update to myXperia app.

http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/11/04/myxperia-update-0-0-a-0-71-addresses-baidu-spygate-concerns/

It may take some time to be available for your device and country. I have received it on my Xperia ZR (India) and can confirm that it fixes the baidu folder issue.

You need to update the app, and delete the folder once. It will not be created again.

Regular
Message 115 of 139
Message 115 of 139

Heads up guys, i just updated the myxperia into its latest version and when i deleted the baidu folder and had a phone restart and looking back on the file location. Surprisingly, the baidu folder didn't back again. I hope that I can really get rid of that folder again.
Talent
Message 116 of 139
Message 116 of 139

samer here, after updating my xperia and deleting baidu folder and restarting my phone i no longer see baidu folder in my phone. Finally Sony had listened to customers.....

Adviser
Message 117 of 139
Message 117 of 139

Still no update on my Xperia Z3 Compact Italian ..
When it arrives?

When you release it? thanks

Sony Xperia Support
Message 118 of 139
Message 118 of 139

As Shahzeb says, we are currently rolling out an update for my Xperia which will not include this folder. The availability of the update depends on country and operator so depending on where you bought the phone it may not be available for your phone yet. To see if an update is available, open the Update Centre application to search for updates.
Note that the update will not remove the Baidu folder automatically as we don't want to interfere with other applications that may be using it. You can select to remove the Baidu folder manually at your own risk and then restart the device to verify that the new implementation does not add it again.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 119 of 139
Message 119 of 139

The fix of Baidu folder are in xda developers forum of xperia z phone  http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z/themes-apps/baidu-folder-official-fix-t2928670  for me work great I do not have Baidu folder ever hope u enjoy bro 

PvR
One time poster
Message 120 of 139
Message 120 of 139

Baidu was troubled me since the update to kitkat 4.4.4. this afternoon,after trying about everything

i decided to remove one of my latest apps comet 3d launcher,comet desktop and comet 3d calender.

and eveything is fine now .So maybe it's one or more launchers??

good luck

PvR.