account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Unknown folder baidu is created on starting phone each time

Adviser
Message 81 of 139
Message 81 of 139

Re: Unknown folder baidu is created on starting phone each time

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

I have the same problem, the folder baidu, is recreated after a restore.
SONY WAITING FOR AN UPDATE

Rookie
Message 82 of 139
Message 82 of 139

myXperia kept connecting to Beijing server (on Z3)

Hello, this is my first post here. After searching through the forum, I found no topic related to this, so I decided to make one.

I'll get to the point directly. I used an app called 'OS Monitor' to see my network usage, and found that 'myXperia' kept connecting to a server in Beijing:

Screenshot_2014-10-30-11-25-03.pngScreenshot_2014-10-30-11-24-53.png

Also, I found a folder called 'baidu' in the phone's internal storage. (Baidu is a search engine from China)

There are other discussions on Facebook claiming this might be some kind of spyware activity. I am from Taiwan and we are quite cautious on information security against PRC. This is very serious and I hope to have a reasonable answer from Sony Mobile. 

The phone is Xperia Z3 D6653, bought from Taiwan Mobile with LTE contract.

Commissioner
Message 83 of 139
Message 83 of 139

Re: myXperia kept connecting to Beijing server (on Z3)

Hello, This Topic helps you. https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Unknown-folder-baidu-is-created-on-starting-phone-each...

Walking in Water with Xperia. Happy to have KUDOS:smileysmileythumbsup: if I was helpful.

Inhabitant
Message 84 of 139
Message 84 of 139

baidu malware IN XPERIA

I heared SONY Z3  HAVE BACK DOOR TO SEND DATA TO CHINA .

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Unknown-folder-baidu-is-created-on-starting-phone-each...

WASTE SONY . ALREADY I HAVE LOT OF  ISSUE IN XPERIA L ...NOW SECURITY ISSUE IN  XPERIA NEW COME MOBILE ....WASTE SONY

XPERIA L HAVE BAIDU MALWARE ?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 85 of 139
Message 85 of 139

I’ve had some further feedback from the guys in our development team. I can confirm that Xperia phones don’t store any user data for transmission to Baidu. The MyXperia app supports both Google Cloud Messaging service and the Baidu Push Notification framework, as do many third party apps, to make sure we can support our China customers as well as those in the rest of the world. Both get automatically initialised when you first activate MyXperia. The IP activity you are seeing is just linked to Baidu’s push notification system, which is an expected behaviour for this application.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 86 of 139
Message 86 of 139

I can prevent the folder baidu created, but I don't know it really stop the problem.

First create a file named baidu on you PC. Then connect to PC through USB, delete the baidu folder and copy the baidu to your device. Now the baidu folder will not be created.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 87 of 139
Message 87 of 139

Are you from China. This folder appears only for users in China.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 88 of 139
Message 88 of 139

Re: baidu malware IN XPERIA

Please see my post here: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Unknown-folder-baidu-is-created-on-starting-phone-each-...

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 89 of 139
Message 89 of 139

Re: myXperia kept connecting to Beijing server (on Z3)

The problem is that even I unticked myXperia from security settings, it will still start automatically. I don't like my data being comprimised to China, and considering the hostility of PRC against Taiwan, I can't allow this behaviour on my smartphone. This is why I ask for an official explanation on Sony support forums.

One time poster
Message 90 of 139
Message 90 of 139

Let me know and let me choose! Let me disable unwanted services. I am not expected this behaviou as I am in the rest of the world. I prefer losing functionality when I am in China. Otherwise why I don't choose a xiaomi?