Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.
It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.
2013-08-05 11:21 PM
I fully intend to move on from the Xperia Z, but I am not going to sell it and be out of pocket, the phone is still capable as a phone running Android v4.1, but that is not what I bought - Therefore I want a refund after being misled by Sony which meant I was mis-sold a mis-advertised product.
Clearly the fact this variant has been unsupported by Sony by quite some months now just shows how unimportant the UK market is to them, unless it has a network provider onside.
There isn't a reason, apparently, as to why this device has missed the last four updates which has been confirmed by one of the Sony replies posted on this forum: There is "no reason" why this update isn't released to this variant - So either it is being withheld out of spite (unlikely), incompetence (someone has forgotten to flip the switch for the 1270-7689 variant) or just a ridiculous release process that really needs to be reviewed.
For years I never bought Sony kit as it was overpriced and couldn't afford the "luxury" of a great level of support associated with Sony. Now I can afford it, I thought it was a good idea to purchase products backed by a large name in the "Tech" industry that provides this great service. After purchasing a significant number of Sony products (including the great Xperia X1!), I have since lost a large amount of confidence in the brand and wish I had bought Samsung TVs, Samsung phones and HP smileyalert laptops...
I also feel sorry for all the middle people caught between the angry consumer and the back office Sony individuals who are in control of this release process, e.g mobile phone resellers/partners, customer service staff, etc.
To finish off, I have started the process as stipulated in UK consumer regulations to get this refund with an anticipation to go and buy a Samsung Galaxy S4 - I just wish I had waited until April, but was sucked into believing the mis-information machine...
2013-08-05 11:29 PM
Just to keep everyone up-to-date on the latest (5th August);
2013-08-06 01:37 AM
I doubt its the support or the developers faults, I'm sure the developers have already done the updates for everyone but some dim witted fella has failed to push it through or is purposly holding it back, the poor people working in support having to deal with all of this and getting no answers to forward to us
2013-08-06 03:05 PM
Generic UK firmware has been updated to 10.3.A.0.423 (not the latest version, which is 10.3.1.A.0.244).
2013-08-06 03:32 PM
waited for the update till yesterday and then followed this instruction http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2387191 and updated to latest version.
It is very hard to understand that Sony as company is not even bothered to give any feedback to this question. And still we are the users of their 2013 flagship model.
2013-08-06 03:45 PM
10.3.A.0.423 has just popped up as being available for me :smileygrin:
EDIT: This is via PC Companion, nothing OTA
2013-08-06 03:52 PM
Thank you Nick89 for posting...
However, I've decided to stay with v4.1 - I've learned to love it and feel that my life would be incomplete if I move to v4.2....
2013-08-06 03:56 PM
Yea right... Time to update now... Thanks Sony for finally bringing our devices into grasping reach of the latest firmware.
2013-08-06 04:00 PM
I suppose Generic UK will be updated to 10.3.1.A.0.244 after 3 UK and 3 IE have approved this version. The UK and IE mobile operators clearly have agreements with Sony concerning the release of Generic UK firmware too.