account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Touch screen no working on Xperia Z

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 21
Message 1 of 21

Touch screen no working on Xperia Z

Hi all, can anybody help please, the touch screen is not working on daughters Xperia Z. Loads ok & can power off using the volume + key & power button & then turns on but touch screen still not working, It hasn't been dropped & no liquid spilt on it, only 2 months old. Can't download anything support etc from Sony as it asks to enter the password to open the phone which she can't do as the touch screen not working.

Is there another way or does it need to go back to the comapny for repair. It is contarct with Virgin

Thanks in advance

20 REPLIES 20
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 21
Message 2 of 21

Re: TOUCH SCREEN NOT WORKING XPERIA Z ,

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

I'm sorry to hear. If the touch does not work, it's not much that you can do on your own more than performing a software repair to exclude software related problems. This can be done via our program Update service:
http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/
Download and install SUS, follow the instructions that appear.

Note that the personal data will be lost when performing this repair and if you cannot access the menu, you are unable to back up this data.

If the problem persist, I suggest that you contact your local support team to get information about how you should proceed in this case:
http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/contact-info/

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 3 of 21
Message 3 of 21

Thanks for your help , tried the software repair etc form Sony & still didn't work.

Phone has now gone back for repair under warranty as it was only 6 weeks old.

Wait & see outcome!

One time poster
Message 4 of 21
Message 4 of 21

I got the same problem with my xperia z1.

I restarted it, an it was still the same.

I tried to backup my phone, but it doesn't work, because I couldn't enter the pin for my simcard. So I had to find an other way to backup it: I connected my xperia to my computer without success, then I took out the simcard and the phone shut down. When I started it again, the computer tried to connect automatically to the phone,but it didn't work. then I reconnected them and it worked. Slightly smiling Face

So I could backup it.

now my data was safe, and i could try different possibilities to repair my phone (for example like Hampus said it, but without loosing my data)

One time poster
Message 5 of 21
Message 5 of 21

Just happened to my phone last night, I can feel the nudge when I hold the On/Off button, and the volume button nudge too when I tried to turn up to max volume and silence, only that the screen is completely pitch black, can't seem to turn it on whatever I press.

So since I can't turn off and on the phone again, I was going to take out the SIM card to put into another phone for temporary use. And for some reason, once the SIM card is out, the screen is back on again!

Might worth a try if you are desparate.

One time poster
Message 6 of 21
Message 6 of 21

removing the simcard worked for me.. Thanks!:smileyhappy Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 7 of 21
Message 7 of 21

removing simcard worked here for Xperia Z2, thank you!

One time poster
Message 8 of 21
Message 8 of 21

looks like Sony Experia has onmgoing issues with toiuch screen, mine is less than 6 months old and frozen. tried removing sim, re boot but no luck. anyone else found a fix???

One time poster
Message 9 of 21
Message 9 of 21

If xperia z touch don't work without back door?, please reply me soon.
One time poster
Message 10 of 21
Message 10 of 21

Part of my xperia z screen does not work, tried removing sim and memory cards, also did hard reset and repair using pc companion but nothing happens. Is there any other way to fix the problem?