account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Touch screen no working on Xperia Z

One time poster
Message 11 of 21
Message 11 of 21

Re: TOUCH SCREEN NOT WORKING XPERIA Z ,

Hey friends i'm using xperia z previous 6 months and it was working very good. But now bellow 3 buttons are not working. Back, Home and Window. But whole screen is working good. A lot of time I remove some card and restart it but problem is remain constant Please guide me how can I fix this issue.
One time poster
Message 12 of 21
Message 12 of 21

hello, I have Sony experia Z ultra here
same problem
but black screen just corrupt 90% of the screen (not all)
what happen here sony? i hope you have explanation for us
at least tell use why this happen? what we should avoid? and if it cant be fixed just tell us the truth
you guys want to make smartphone, not sneakyphone right?

changing simcard seems work for me (but just for 15-20 minute) before the screen got corrupted into darkness again

One time poster
Message 13 of 21
Message 13 of 21

My sony z started losing touch strip by strip.first the top layer, and then the below strip and finally the bottom layer where home button,and return buttons located.But inbetween layers are working.I had a tempered glassed on top of it.I removed it.But no help.Then i factory resetted.Still the problem is there.I did not drop the phone or did not disposed to water.I used it only for one year.What is the reason for this problem.

One time poster
Message 14 of 21
Message 14 of 21

I got the same problem.I phone get crash in the flor then display stop work.I can see but when i try to pres somethink it didnt work only power buton and volume buton works.Some ideas how i can fix that Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 15 of 21
Message 15 of 21

Hi,

I am having sameissue, a small crack on screen, now screen is not responding at all. Need to atleast get the contacts from phone. Did anyone find a fix for this or figure out how to get contacts. My screen is locked and I am not able to enter pin.

Thanks,
Anir

Learner
Message 16 of 21
Message 16 of 21

Re: Touch screen no working on Xperia Z

I too had the same problem.

I had to boot the phone in 'safe mode' and do a factory reset to solve it. Now after the phone restart, the touch functionality is working fine.

For some reasons, this didn't work for me. So to boot Sony Xperia Z into 'safe mode', you need to follow the following steps:

1) Hold Power button along with Volume up(+) button until the phone restarts

2) As soon as Xperia logo is displayed, release the power and volume up buttons, and press the Volme down(-) button

3) Continue holding the button until the phone completely boots up

One time poster
Message 17 of 21
Message 17 of 21

Re: Touch screen no working on Xperia Z

I had the same issue with my 4 years old Xperia Z phone. For me only the right 1/3 part of the screen didn't work. And also it happened very sporadically. After some time the whole screen stopped responding but the volume keys and power button did work.

Solution was to connect it to PC, after that the display was mysteriously fixed and I could at least reset the phone. But then after disconnecting from PC the screen stopped working again. Nice! Slightly smiling Face It looks like just the fact of connecting/disconnecting the phone to the PC/charger affects this bug.

Connecting it to PC again did help but then it went off again. Repair via Xperia Companion is finished - didn't help.

My current guess is that it is related to the voltage i.e. that when you connect the phone to PC/charger the voltage goes up and it's enough to power the touch screen. But when you disconnect it, the battery doesn't have enough power to support it.

One time poster
Message 18 of 21
Message 18 of 21

My first and last experience of buying sony xperia mobile. Better to buy a cheap brand than this at least would worth money. 

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 19 of 21
Message 19 of 21

@Ghdysyx

Care to elaborate on your issue?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 20 of 21
Message 20 of 21

Signed in just to say it really worked

Thanks guys