account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Text message not sending.

One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Text message not sending.

hi all,

after the latest update I have troubles sending texts - there was no setting changed, and the only way how tos end a text is swith the phone off and on again, which is very unfortunate.

doing for the Messaging and Textra app both, so the trouble is somewhere else.

any suggestions?

many thanks for help.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Text message not sending.

Try to force restart your phone(power button+vol up until the phone vibrates).You might want to try clearing data for messages in settings-apps-all,but backup your messages before.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Master
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

You could also try to boot your phone into safe mode to see if the problem may be related to any 3rd party app that you have installed in your phone:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

How about Sony get their  act together "?! I.didn't pay thru the nose for a phone to be a technical guru. Why should people have to spend half their lives debugging this that and the other. Sorry I didn't stick with apple. Worst operating system in history.

One time poster
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Hi can't send text from my xperia c4. The message centre is correct. When I type a text the send icon is inactive . Kindly assist
One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

My phone was updated over the weekend and now I have a problem in sending messages. When sending message I get a report "could not send message"