account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Super Fast Battery Drain After Lollipop

Message 211 of 286
Message 211 of 286

Re: Super Fast Battery Drain After Lollipop

Hello,

Hello after 2 days of using my experince for 5.1.1,

Today morning around 8:15 am i have 97% of battery. WIFI is on and i chat on whats app with my friend and searhing some of the things on google app and open 4 to 5 web pages and take screen shot of opened web pages.When i check my battery on 9:46 am it's 83%. I think it's very high. I think Screen is taking too much of battery. I think SONY have to do real life testing before releases. i don't know whether they are testing or not?

Screenshot_2015-09-16-09-46-56.png

Screenshot_2015-09-16-09-46-32.png

Screenshot_2015-09-16-09-46-00.png

Adviser
Message 212 of 286
Message 212 of 286

Seems Google has taken on some measures, at least the issue is being adressed.

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=165558

Post number 1023 is an answer from google about the reported bug.

Regular
Message 213 of 286
Message 213 of 286

Jamppane: Its true Google had noticed and started working on it but do you believe Sony will correct it and release a new software? This was the last update. Sony wants me to throw Xperia ZR and buy Z5. But after this faulty update I have made my mind for not to buy Sony phones in a lifetime. What's the use of paying double money if we get a faulty software in return?
One time poster
Message 214 of 286
Message 214 of 286

I Just updated my z today from kitkat to Lollipop and i love it, but the only problem is that the battery drain from 60% to 20% in just  under 10 minute. I really do like lollipop, but thinkin of downgrade back to kitkat if the battery problem still the same after 2 weeks. So please if there's any way to get this problem fix, do tell me.

One time poster
Message 215 of 286
Message 215 of 286

Hello. I am experience a significant battery issue after 5.1.1 update. My phone is Xperia Z Ultra and after the update the battery drains like **bleep**.I tried to repair via pc companion.The os was reinstalled but still the same issue.Battery doctor shows Android system to use 60% of the battery and the other apps range between 2-7%.

Regular
Message 216 of 286
Message 216 of 286

I tried software repair again but no luck. My Facebook Application is consuming a big size of battery. It's keeping Mobile Radio active for very long. 

Is there any fix for this Mobile Radio Active Bug? 

Screenshot Attached.Screenshot_2015-09-26-02-59-05.pngScreenshot_2015-09-26-02-59-15.png

Rookie
Message 217 of 286
Message 217 of 286

The same happened to me, I thought it was a battery problem, I even replace it but it didnt work, neither the hard reset with PCC.

Hope Sony takes care of this, it is very disapointing 

One time poster
Message 218 of 286
Message 218 of 286

Since I upgrade to Lollipop I also have battery and heating problems.
Often when I'm at 50% of the battery, after 5 minutes of using, the phone turns off due to low battery.
The stamina mode doesn't take place as the battery drain is so fast.
I hoped that the update to version 5.1.1 resolves the problem but it is not.
In desperation I reset the phone to factory settings but this has not solved the problem.

Hope Sony will find quickly a way to fix the problem now as my phone becomes of little use in these conditions.

Laurent 

Genius
Message 219 of 286
Message 219 of 286

Hi @cmoi @Poncho01 @addyshi2

Please, check these links that perhaps can be useful for you:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Facing-problems-with-abnormal-battery-and-shutdown/m-p/320375#U320...

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Battery-time-and-enhancement-features/m-p/347874#U347874

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Enthusiast
Message 220 of 286
Message 220 of 286

Google said they will fix this problem in 6.0 marshmallow. If Sony doesn't update the first Z series to android 6.0 we are doomed.