account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Fast Battery Drain After Lollipop

Adviser
Message 121 of 285
Message 121 of 285

Re: Super Fast Battery Drain After Lollipop

No, this time I will not try to use repair option which deletes everything on the phone. I have lots of files and notes in it and I personalize my phone A LOT. I used repair option in 4.3 and all of my contacts lost at that time, and album rebooting problem didn't solved. I did also in 4.4.4. Notification bar was lagging immensely and apps like youtube started to open after 4 secons.. And repairing option didn't help them at that time as well. System had already these problem, like now for that battery problem. Sony should have already released an update and solve this problem which 90% people have, and add a note about being sorry for this bug, which has been ruining most people's experience with their phone for days.

This time, again, people are saying "Use repairing option.." Yeah, If I bought that phone about 2 days ago and didn't have lots of notes, files some dictionary apps that I record my own words and can't save them in Play Store completely, or I was using Apple product which even saves tabs in Safari, I WOULD use repair option and wipe everything. But since it's not, I WON'T use that option because it's a huge pain in the as. And I would like to remind it's a smartPHONE, so every second is important If something urgent happens. This is not a TOY. I DON'T KNOW IF ANYBODY DAILY USES XPERIA Z IN SONY STUFF.

ONLY proper software I get from Sony for my Z was 4.2.2 which also had minor bugs but I could understand them..(Ofcourse people are making software so there might be minor bugs..)

I feel like being toyed by Sony, for 1.5 year..I am regretfful I selected Z instead of One M7 only because of Z's design at that time.. I wrote a HUGE review about my Z experience 5.0.2 in 5th page and tried to help with this issue and what could be improved, and got "0" cocks. 1 month past after this issue and posts, and no response from Sony to this severe bug. NICE JOKE AGAIN. WELL DONE. I'm done with Xperia. Today, only thing good about them is their external look, and nothing more. ( S6 Edge has the best in external design anyway..)

I believed after some arrangement to mobile part of Sony could change Software support.. Updates could have some issues, they are made by humans anyway.. But that severe bug shows clearly that the phone is not well tested. And when the software released for Hong Kong, people already complained about this problem, and Sony didn't care and release the broken sofware update internationally. After that update more and more people came here and complained about that problem, and Sony haven't made an update OR even appreciate this problem exist. I see this as a disaster for a mojor phone manufacturer. I'm sad myself, trying to help and giving my time, and also sad for people who are responsilbe for Sony phones' external desing. They made an amazing job, but Software and camera killed Sony's opportunity to be one of the major phone manufacturer.

Learner
Message 122 of 285
Message 122 of 285

Heat & battery drain faster after updated to lolipop (Xperia Z)

Hello, I'm using Xperia Z and today I have updated to lolipop. After update the device getting heat up. Please help me!!

DjD
Adviser
Message 123 of 285
Message 123 of 285

Re: Heat & battery drain faster after updated to lolipop (Xperia Z)

Before you update to Lollipop, it is best to run a Factory Reset from Settings -> Backup & Reset. You may not select to delete your personal files like photos, music etc. That way your apps will disappear but your private data will remain. Then update the OS using the PC Companion. Once it is updated wait for a day before you start installing apps. Android takes time to understand your usage pattern and index your existing content. Once things look fine start installing one by one. Take you time, dont rush through and install all at once. Things should be fine.

DjD
Adviser
Message 124 of 285
Message 124 of 285

Re: Xperia Z Update Bugs

I guess the artifical intelligence algorithms are working overdrive to index all your content and your usage pattern. That is eating up all the battery juice. As per my experience, you should Factory Reset the phone before you go for the update. If you haven't done that already, you may also do it after you have installed the update.

Inhabitant
Message 125 of 285
Message 125 of 285

I have the same problem with my Xperia ZR C5503. At first I've upgraded my phone via PC Companion without previous factory reset. The problem started right after the update. Excessive heat, slow charging and rapid battery drain. It lasted like that for 10 days. Yesterday I decided to do a "clean install".
I did a factory reset from settings menu and after that I did a software repair from the PC Companion. Results at first were great, no excessive heat, rapid battery drain, ect. After all night charging my battery state was improved and it lasted like then UNTIL I ENABLED mobile data. So there is a problem with cell standby process draining all the power. After enabling mobile data and installing correct settings from my mobile operator first thing I've notice was heating was increased and battery drain was increased as well.

Here are some screenshots taken from this day:

- Screenshot #1 taken before mobile data was even enabled after clean install and wihtout any internet settings installed from my mobile operator.

Screenshot_2015-06-22-16-27-21.png

- Screenshot #2 - Taken few mintues before posting this. Mobile data was enabled ~5h ago and I was using it for a bit surfing...

Screenshot_2015-06-23-01-50-11.png

To conclude my post - it's obvious there's a software bug located in the latest lolipop release (10.6.A.0.454). Clean install or factory reset won't help in this case, except if you don't plan to disable mobile data permanently until bug gets fixed.
And I can definitely vouch for this annoying bug existence, as being a software developer I did detailed tests to prove this. Screenshots just prove changes in battery state.

Also I forgot the mention that bug occurs mostly in stand-by mode. Somehow mobile data is being used in stand-by mode even if you have an active WiFi connection. This also happens sometimes while screen is on, mobile data activates even if you're currently using WiFi connection. My best guess is, mobile data doesn't allow device to enter a deep sleep state hence why it drains battery so much.

BA1
One time poster
Message 126 of 285
Message 126 of 285

Hello Guys.

I updated my Xperia Z to Android Lollipop 5.0.2 some weeks ago. But I saw that the battery was draining so fast and the device was heating up and I came here. I downloaded PCC. Re-updated my phone to 5.0.2 again. Apps are deleted but I did a backup on data. Now my phone is charging. Hopefully it wii fix the bugs. I will charge till 100% and I will try.

Learner
Message 127 of 285
Message 127 of 285

Re: Xperia Z after 5.0.2 update WIFI CANT be turn on

Please stop asking people tp reinstall or repair using PCC. thats just shere wastage of time. 

nothing changes after using PCC tool. problem is with firmware

Enthusiast
Message 128 of 285
Message 128 of 285

Re: Xperia Z after 5.0.2 update WIFI CANT be turn on

They are just spamming. They know nothing but clear/restart/reset/wipe. Of course it doesn't help when thousands have the similar problem. Also resetting the device multiple times affects the battery health.

Inhabitant
Message 129 of 285
Message 129 of 285

Temporary fix that works for me:
- If you plan to use mobile data use it as you want. Right after you're done using the mobile data, turn it off and restart the phone.

Problem seems to be that even if you're not using mobile data other apps are somehow still linked to it and can't go to deep sleep. Even if you disable mobile data, apps will still use it somehow. Only temp. fix is to disable mobile data and restart the phone in this case. As soon as you enable mobile data again, bug will re-appear.

This problem is not Sony releated tho. It's still hasn't been fixed and it even occurs in android M preview build.
It's up to Sony devs if they can trace the reason why "Mobile radio active" process isn't being handled properly even while in sleep mode and fix it OR wait for an offical fix from Google...

Also some people claim it's an issue with Google Play Services...we shall see.

Apprentice
Message 130 of 285
Message 130 of 285

Well I tried once after installing lollipop and doing factory reset to disable Google play store and services entirely, and used amazon for the couple apps I needed, didn't install anything extra. And still battery drain.