account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Super Fast Battery Drain After Lollipop

One time poster
Message 231 of 286
Message 231 of 286

Re: Super Fast Battery Drain After Lollipop

My phone xperia z battery getting drained too faster after 5.1.1 even though i am in stamina mode, auto sync off, brightnes low , pls give me a solution or update
One time poster
Message 232 of 286
Message 232 of 286

I have the same problem after update xperia z1 to 5.1.1. I turn off the google location history and battery stop drain.

Inhabitant
Message 233 of 286
Message 233 of 286

About lolipop update

Guys few months ago i asked zl users about should i update my phone to lolipop the answer is cleararly no from a user bcz there is a bug that ruined the phone after update but now after many months should i update my phone to lolipop? Did sony solve this problem?
Emperor
Message 234 of 286
Message 234 of 286

Re: About lolipop update

@assasin

You should check other users posts 

@assasin wrote:
Guys few months ago i asked zl users about should i update my phone to lolipop the answer is cleararly no from a user bcz there is a bug that ruined the phone after update but now after many months should i update my phone to lolipop? Did sony solve this problem?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Nj6
One time poster
Message 235 of 286
Message 235 of 286

I had the same problem straight after software update. I had 98% and within one hour went down to 38%. The phone was also heating up. I complained to sony. They suggested to download pc companion and repair software. I tried pc companion didn't work kept coming up with 1210 error. I then go up factory reset phone and ignored software update. Its fine, not overheating and battery good.
Visitor
Message 236 of 286
Message 236 of 286

I using Xperia z1 and I am facing super first battery draining problem since I updated my phone to lollipop 5.0.2 to lollipop 5.1.1......even stamina mood can't saving my problem.........is this problem can be solved.....???!!!!!!!
One time poster
Message 237 of 286
Message 237 of 286

I had the same problem. I had uninstalled almost all the apps, reduced brightness completely, never connected to the internet, switched off wifi, bluetooth,GSM was in stamina mode, had clean master - result - nothing worked. My battery was draining 20% per hour when my phone was sitting idle. I also did a factory rest and that did not work either

What fixed the issue:

In date and time setting I had changed it to manual - not the network detected automating setting

Turned off location setting

Finally, My sim was in LTE mode, and had only 1 bar (low signal), I changed it to GSM and rebooted

Charged my mobile switched off to 100 percent. After 8 hours it is still 94 % Slightly smiling Face

Whenever I need internet I change it to 3g/4g and switch it back to GSM again. Previously The phone was constantly looking for 4G signal and draining battery

Also uninstalled clean master and all the battery saving apps - as it constantly scans the device but seems to do nothing other than UI changes

Apprentice
Message 238 of 286
Message 238 of 286

I am also having the fast battery drain problem on 2x Xperia Z1 Compact phones.

I followed the recommend fix and installed PC Companion. 

It says I have the most up to date software.

I selected Repair my Phone.

"Problem: There is no software available for your device"

at the bottom of the page it says "If you still encounter problems, please report issues to Sony Mobile (opens in a new window) and provide the error above.

Clicking on the link goes HERE but the Xperia Z1 Compact is not listed any more.

I fiddled about a bit more and found THIS PAGE for the Z1 Compact that lists:

Android version: Android 5.1 (Lollipop)

Latest available software: 14.6.A.0.368

Release started: 2015-09-14

However I am running 5.1.1  14.6.A.1.216 that I got from an OTA update.

So has Sony removed the faulty update but not admited that its a problem or provided a fix?!?!

One time poster
Message 239 of 286
Message 239 of 286

It took 3 days for my battery to recharge after the download.  New phone z1c.  It seems to be functioning good when charged.  Try waiting it out, just leave it on the charger.  It's still slow at charging.  Not sure lollipop was worth this headache.

One time poster
Message 240 of 286
Message 240 of 286

I wonder if sony will ever bother looking into this. An answer at the very least is something they owe us Xperi2 users. But they have been know to abandon users of past models especially when a new model is out.