account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Super Fast Battery Drain After Lollipop

Regular
Message 91 of 286
Message 91 of 286

Re: Super Fast Battery Drain After Lollipop

hi,

I updated 5-6 days ago, only yesterday battery drain was occured.. at the same time yesterday zr tried to connect wifi, I mean wifi is on, I am near router, but the apps was not opening.. I turn off and on wifi, then it was available to surf apps..

one of the subject in this forum for wifi fix is to use wps button on the phone and router.  I tried that yesterday evening and I came home a minute ago, phone has connected and I can surf..no wifi problem no battery problem today..

yesterday at 22:00 %100

now at :16:00 %82  ...  today I have had no phone call, read a few sms and looked at net twice .  super battery..

but I think you should wait for 5.1.1, do not try too much to fix. it is unstable.

Regular
Message 92 of 286
Message 92 of 286

I also wanted to add, while there appears to be a 10-20% faster battery drain on 5.0.2 vs 4.4.4 on my Xperia ZR, the interface response is cleary faster and snappier.  Anybody else notice this?

Anyway, will continue to monitor battery use to see if there will be further improvements.

NMY
One time poster
Message 93 of 286
Message 93 of 286

Hi,

I received the OTA notification for the Lollipop update on the 4th and downloaded it, however I was a bit hesitant to install it as I read through the forum.

I decided to actually do the upgrade via PCC instead as advised yesterday and so far the I've not encountered any problem of Super Fast Battery Drain.

I look at the Battery Info from time to time to check on the Google Play Services, seems to be ok.

i'll update in 2-3 days time after I have more details. My personal opinion, pls do your upgrade via PCC and download the updates instead of using OTA updates.

Rookie
Message 94 of 286
Message 94 of 286

Hi,

I received the OTA notification for the Lollipop 5.0.2 update on the 4th for my Xperia Z (C6603) and downloaded it, however I was a bit hesitant to install it as I read through the forum with regards to this problem.

I decided to actually do the upgrade via PCC instead as advised yesterday and so far the I've not encountered any problem of Super Fast Battery Drain.

I look at the Battery Info from time to time to check on the Google Play Services, seems to be ok.

i'll update in 2-3 days time after I have more details. My personal opinion, pls do your upgrade via PCC and download the updates instead of using OTA updates.

Rookie
Message 95 of 286
Message 95 of 286

I updated my ZR via PCC last week and found the battery is draining faster.  I used to get 2 to 2.5 days between charges.  Now I am lucky to get 1.5 days.  Usage wise I have not changed any patterns or used the phone any different then before.  With Stamina Mode on and a full charge the screen is stating I will get 1day and 17 hours out of the battery (2 days and 18 hours in standby)  I have turned on queueing background data but that hasn't helped.  I haven't used Ultra Stamina Mode yet.  Checking on Unused Apps or Consuming Apps always seems useless as it states nothing is wasting power.  

Android OS seems to be the largest power consumer, follwed by Android System, Cell Standby, Phone Idle, Screen, and Play Services.  Will I ever get the amount of battery charge I used to get prior to upgrading the OS again?  Will I have to just use Ultra Stamina Mode now to get more then 1.5 days between charges?

One time poster
Message 96 of 286
Message 96 of 286

Hi to everyone new user

I am having Xperia z model and ve updated lollipop version through system update just 3 days before. Now the issue is it takes 2 hour to complete the charging and battery show s 100% in the morning... no activity, no phone calls no games played in the evening it shows around 50%. Also in the power management menu, android os consumes 70% battery... any solution to this.

One time poster
Message 97 of 286
Message 97 of 286

I have xperia zr c5503. Upgraded to Lollipop about 5 days ago via OTA. Since then having battery drain issues. Sometimes Google play services climbs up the charts, sometimes it's Cell standby or Android system. Tried rebooting the device many times, experimented with different battery saving settings, even Ultra STAMINA mode doesn't help. Result is the same - something keeps phone in awake state 100% of the time.
Tried rebooting into safe mode to exclude any 3rd party apps - didn't help either.

Any working solution for this?
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 98 of 286
Message 98 of 286

i have same problem.

waiting for new update or at least they give as an option to downgrade Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 99 of 286
Message 99 of 286

Xperia Z Battery Drain

My Xperia Z's battery drains fast after the lollipop update. Battery usage shows that cell standby uses about 50%. The place I work has good network coverage.
Regular
Message 100 of 286
Message 100 of 286

Re: Xperia Z Battery Drain

Could you go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Menu button (top right corner) > Advanced > If "Scanning always available" is enabled, disable it and charge the phone to 100% again to see if same behaviour appear.

It does work in my case, but the phone is still warm or rather warmer than with kitKat. Besides I use autodiscover alot when switching between LTE to wifi when I'm at home, doing it manually is silly. I'm back to kitkat, screw it, I'm tired of being a lab rat for sony!