account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Super Fast Battery Drain After Lollipop

Emperor
Message 81 of 286
Message 81 of 286

Re: Cell standby battery issue after lollipop

@Mustafa_Basiouny

Reinstall lollipop with PCC and report back in 2 days

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 82 of 286
Message 82 of 286

Re: Xperia z c6602 severe battery drain by cell standby

Hi, this worked for me:

1. take out rhe sim card

2. re-install Lollipop with Sony PC Companion as suggested

Message 83 of 286
Message 83 of 286

Re: Super Fast Battery Drain After Lollipop

What could be the difference between installing lollipop from Pc or mobile?
Emperor
Message 84 of 286
Message 84 of 286

@Mustafa_Basiouny

it will delete everything on your phone. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 85 of 286
Message 85 of 286

But I already did 'factory reset' after installing the software.
Emperor
Message 86 of 286
Message 86 of 286

@Mustafa_Basiouny

Try again > after PCC > uninstall any antivirus > turn off any auto update apps (play store) and auto backup (G+) > use it like that for a day > don't install any app > report back.

Apprentice
Message 87 of 286
Message 87 of 286

It's great you're trying to fix/better the experience, but it still feels like walking on glass this updating and using the Lollipop... I really hope Sony tests the next update thoroughly because these kind of problems should have come up in testing. I myself made factory reset before and after updating, later i tried again with flashtool wiping everything, but to no avail.

And i didn't install anything nor updated apps, so that it would be just like sony meant it to be after updating and how they probably tested it. Yes, after it seemed problem still persisted, i did allow updating of apps and such, but it was just the same. I got my backplate fixed a while ago in service because it had loosened and unglued like many more xperia z devices, but that kind of heat from using lollipop melts it again for sure!

Highlighted
Talent
Message 88 of 286
Message 88 of 286

when waiting for months for lollypop and all others especially samsung released 5.0 long back, some body was telling sony is taking time to ensure there will not be any issues and all other brands are just releasing for a sake. 

Now I will ask those great fans of sony, see the result after months of waiting. 

its comedy that to fill reamining 35% brattery, my xperia Z  lock screen shows "charging(2 hours until full".

don't be so over confident and say great fans and do not give wrong verdicts on other brands and companies. They are doing better at any point of time.

That shows your childishness than intelligence.

its my 5th or 6th sony phone (no other brand used) and over the time 2 things are changing from sony 

1. increase of price

2. decrease of better service after purchase

Regular
Message 89 of 286
Message 89 of 286

Jamminen74 - I'm just done flashing it with flashtool as well, doing the second reset right now. Will see how it goes, but I think it's time to download that 4.4.4 in Xperifim for tomorrow's rollback... from what you say.

Regular
Message 90 of 286
Message 90 of 286

I did the reinstall using PCC and didn't see any obvious improvement to the battery drain immediately after that.  However, I have to say, that after about a day or two the battery drain and charging issues was reduced a lot.  Before reinstalling using PCC, my battery would drain about 10% per 1.5 hours.  Now it takes about 3.5-4 hours to lose that charge with very light usage.  It's as if Android was doing something in the background during the first 2 days of reinstallation that ate up the battery then suddenly stopped at some point.

However it's still not the same level as when I was on 4.4.4, where I would usually lose that amount of charge in about 5-6 hours.  Charging time also improved but also not as fast as it was on Kitkat.  I'd say battery performance is anywhere between 10-20% worse.

I still have a Wi-Fi problem though.  It still won't automatically connect to my access point when I get within range.  Still have to manually connect to it.