account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Super Fast Battery Drain After Lollipop

Regular
Message 31 of 286
Message 31 of 286

Re: Need End User review for Android 5.0 for Xperia ZR

My ZR was very stable on the latest Kitkat (4.4?).  I upgraded to Lollipop and it now the battery charges very slow (8+ hours to full charge) and drains very fast.  Absolutely terrible if you don't have access to charging most of the time, but otherwise the software seems to run fine.

I've also done what some users recommend, which is to "fix" the installation using Sony PC Companion (which does  a factory reset) but it didn't fix the issues.

DON'T upgrade to Lollipop.  I fully regret having done so.

Regular
Message 32 of 286
Message 32 of 286

Re: Need End User review for Android 5.0 for Xperia ZR

Same with my Z, updated via build-in updater. Then repaired with PCC. The phone gets very hot very fast, with simple menu using. The battery drains very fast too. Needs to be fixed ASAP! The phone is basically unusable.

Rookie
Message 33 of 286
Message 33 of 286

Re: Battery drains faster with Lollipop

xperia z lollipop update.
The battery is draining faster than its charging - Is the message displayed when i connect the charger and it shows untill the battery exhausts(with all apps closed) . What must have happened???
One time poster
Message 34 of 286
Message 34 of 286

Re: Disappointed! Very battery consuming after updating to Lollipop

I have updated my Xperia ZR (C5502) to Android 5.0.2 and I am facing the same issue. I have checked Power Management and saw that the Cell Standby is using most of the power (approximately 45%). I have updated using PC Companion.

Message 35 of 286
Message 35 of 286

Re: Super Fast Battery Drain After Lollipop

Hello Guys,

I think after update we need to wait for some days (7 to 10) till andorid make some stats for newly insatlled version.

I suggest to do factory reset and wait for 10 days.

I have heard somewhere this thing or read but not sure.

Try this if helps.

One time poster
Message 36 of 286
Message 36 of 286

Re: getting hot quickly

i'v updated my xperia Z from kitkat to lolipop last night...but after update the phone, its getting too much hot...almost getting about 48/47 degree celcius it shows ''Dew to high temperature your phone needs to shut down"...!! and it shuts down..Slightly frowning Face its happening again and again in every about 10/15 minutes... I didn't face this kindda problem while I was in Kitkat...what should I do now...????? help me out plzzz
Message 37 of 286
Message 37 of 286

Xperia Zr lollipop problems

When i update my xperia zr to lollipop after that i found battery of my phone drained quickly...i want solution of it.
Forum Legend
Message 38 of 286
Message 38 of 286

Re: Xperia Zr lollipop problems

Try performing a system repair using PC Companion as this will often fix issues - This will factory reset your phone and erase all data so best to backup before you begin

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)
Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the on screen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 39 of 286
Message 39 of 286

i install it, twist, first time i free 1.3 Gig, and it failed, second time i afraide, remove around 2Gig ... i had 100% in morning, wen t for update, last time i check it were around 80% after update, two hour of working, checking my phone, and it was 15% though i had low battery mode on, on 20%.

so i plug the charger, after checking for some time, it dropped to 14, then 13, and last time in 12, so i put phone on airplane mode, at 7 PM, my work start 9 am, it had only 56% of charge, i went out update google play, it slowed decharging a bit, but still decharging, and lags... (i expect 5 to be so smooth as i see over other phone) wonder why sony do this to me :|

Regular
Message 40 of 286
Message 40 of 286

I updated my phone.. I have no issiues.. mine is ZR, C5503..

however the story is; when I wanted to update via pc companion, a warning message appeared.. "1.2 gb needed, you have 1.07 gb"

I checked but I had 2.2 gb, so I turned off and on the zr.. again the same message.. then I removed the battery, turned on it, that time it started to update..

I went to settings, applications.. there is SD caption, you see the apps that can be removed to sd from phone memory.. I moved 800 mb to sd card..

there is only one small thing.. when you turn off wifi, or go far away from modem-router, and come near again, it may take time to reconnect..

I always use stamina mode "on", and "current location" off.. I open them whenever I need.. 

I charged 10 hours ago..now it is %89, I made only one phone call, a surf the phone a liitle..

at stamina: 2 days 6 hours left

ultra shows 8 days 13 hours

battery usage:

screen %30

os %20

standby %10

like that.. 

as a result, at least remove battery once before updating, and switch "lock the screen" to "30 minutes" from "security" and turn off "stamina"

hope you get good results