account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Super Fast Battery Drain After Lollipop

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 286
Message 1 of 286

Super Fast Battery Drain After Lollipop

I updated my phone today to lollipop 5.0.2 and after the whole installation process the battery was at 50%, i was merely looking at the new features and noticed the phone got really hot, the batter started diminidhing really fast, in less than an hour it got down to 4%, i charged it and it takes forever, says in the screen that the estismated full charge takes five hours. Can someone please tell me if its a problem with the new system, how do i fix it and if not, then how do i find out what happened to my phone.  

285 REPLIES 285
Emperor
Message 2 of 286
Message 2 of 286

Re: Super Fast Battery Drain After Lollipop

@ArleenVH

Reinstall lollipop with PCC, it will smooth things out

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 3 of 286
Message 3 of 286

Re: minor bugs Xperia z lollipop

After Updating My Z to lollipop Battery is draining too much flashed Taiwan. Ftf plz help
Inhabitant
Message 4 of 286
Message 4 of 286

Re: Xperia Z lollipop: Google play services battery drain

This seems to be ecatly the same issue when Sony released 4.4.2 update. We had to wait for several months for a fixed release, I sure hope it will not be the same this time. Neutral Face

Visitor
Message 5 of 286
Message 5 of 286

Disappointed! Very battery consuming after updating to Lollipop

huge difference on battery consuming between 5.0.2 & 4.4.2, regret to update
Visitor
Message 6 of 286
Message 6 of 286

Re: Disappointed! Very battery consuming after updating to Lollipop

not 4.4.2, is 4.4.4
Emperor
Message 7 of 286
Message 7 of 286

@gfgfgf

Reinstall the latest update with PCC and report back

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 8 of 286
Message 8 of 286

@gfgfgf

Charge your phone 100% > use it until your phone is down to 10% or so > settings > power management > battery > what has been draining your battery?

Talent
Message 9 of 286
Message 9 of 286

Battery drain is ridiculous, system eats the most.
I've got all the sync options off as well as I disabled most network required apps like Google now, weather, widgets, calendar, Google +, Google drive etc.

Battery discharge rate when connected to a charger gone completely wild. Even with lowest brightness settings and bravia engine off 1.5amp charger can't hold the drain. This issue was there on Z on KitKat when intensive apps were used, but with lollipop it got so much worse, so apps like Play Store, Gmail, Chrome makes battery drain bad when connected to a charger.

Total charging time gone crazy, now it takes about 3.30 hours to fully charge the device.

I did some measurements and they real:

Charge speed 1% = 1min 48 sec. Charge rate per hour 36%. Discharge rate per hour 26.7% Time to fully discharge 3 hours 51 minutes.

ROM flashed: HK_Generic

Definitely needs an update, I mean this has to be worked out with Google since 5.1.1 comes with some fixes. I don't think Z will get Android M but minor updates should go for a while
Don't forget to give Kudos and mark the correct answer
Apprentice
Message 10 of 286
Message 10 of 286

@zxcvbad:

I had same problem, I tested with another charger and fully charged, so I bought a new original charger. But when I connect to charger and use the phone, it still discharging quickly. So I want Jelly Bean (4.3) Back Slightly smiling Face) It was the most stable updated OS...