account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Super Fast Battery Drain After Lollipop

Adviser
Message 221 of 286
Message 221 of 286

Re: Super Fast Battery Drain After Lollipop

Unfortunately Sony isn't planning upgrading z or z1 anymore. But in that case you won't have much to lose if you try a marshmallow based custom rom. Hopefully someone makes one Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 222 of 286
Message 222 of 286

Phone battery drains SO fast.i charged it full today..and i played clash for an hour,and standby for another couple hours,battery fell to 65%.
Yes, all after the The new lollipop..i think sometimes this year.
Downsides outweigh the superb display...functioning..etc etc
Desperately needs some fix.A.S.A.P

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 223 of 286
Message 223 of 286

I need JellyBean Back..i dont mind the OS vs lollipop.. for dat Amazevalls battery lifeSlightly smiling Face
zxcvbad ON POINT what you said
Genius
Message 224 of 286
Message 224 of 286

Hi @Brooo

Please, first run a backup of the device information as explained here. Then perform the system repair using PC Companion or Bridge for MAC. This will factory reset your phone and erase all data. You might need to charge your device for about 1-2 hours before so the device has at least 80% battery. Make sure the device is not connected to computer or laptop and turned off until you are prompted (sometimes you have to press power button and volume up until the device vibrates 3 times or on some devices you have to press the small button near the SIM tray or on the back of the device). Start PC Companion -> Support zone -> Update my phone/tablet -> Blue Repair my phone/tablet -> follow instructions. When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button. The repair or reformat process will start. If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64 bit operating system adjust settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode -> chose Windows 7 or XP. I´m at disposal for any question.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
One time poster
Message 225 of 286
Message 225 of 286

Has anyone tried downgrading to 4.4.4? 

Adviser
Message 226 of 286
Message 226 of 286

I did downgrade, it's good now. Is 5.1. still as bad as 5.0?

One time poster
Message 227 of 286
Message 227 of 286

I can confirm that doing a factory reset will fix the battery lifetime. Lots of work but definitely worth it! 

Phone is Z1 compact with Adroid 5.1.1 

=)

Adviser
Message 228 of 286
Message 228 of 286

No you can't, i'm glad if it did really help you, but i tried that five times. 

One time poster
Message 229 of 286
Message 229 of 286

I am suffring frm the same problem it will be resolve in.nxt uodate because it has happen in kitkat's update also
One time poster
Message 230 of 286
Message 230 of 286

Honestly the best thing is to reset your phone completely. Back your data up on the computer and delete most of the unnecessary stuff. It worked for me.