account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Super Fast Battery Drain After Lollipop

Learner
Message 201 of 286
Message 201 of 286

Battery problem after 5.1.1 update

So I had 5.0 version and didn´t have any issues with the battery. But after the upgrade to 5.1.1 the phone overheats even when it´s not been used and it drains in within 5h, with no use.

I contacted via chat and they told me to restore the software using PC Companion. I did it but problems persist.

Can I go back to 5.0, or is any other solution?

Hope someone could help me.

Thank you.

[Screenshot after 4h of charge]

Forum Legend
Message 202 of 286
Message 202 of 286

Re: Battery problem after 5.1.1 update

So have you performed a system repair?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Learner
Message 203 of 286
Message 203 of 286

Yes, I connected it to the pc, opened PC Companion , clicked on "check for updates" and click on "repair". And still the same.

Can´t use it like this, need a solution.

Learner
Message 204 of 286
Message 204 of 286

Re: Super Fast Battery Drain After Lollipop

OK, been testing a bit again... LTE on, Mobile Data on, LTE preferred in network settings... To no avail. Then I added this in the mix:
LOCATION OFF (since two days), and since two days no more cell standby... At all. Battery after half a day of mixed use: 50%. Overheating it still does quite a bit while surfing etc...
Give it a shot guys and post your findings. Thanx!

Yanus.
Adviser
Message 205 of 286
Message 205 of 286

That was the problem for some users on 5.0.2. including me. I had to use my phone in that condition for whole Summer. And the worst part is there is still no answer from to this severe bug from Sony. Some nexus users are also experiencing same issue, so problem is Lollipop related. Eventhough I learned problem is Lollipop related, I am still super dissatisfied with Sony Mobile. Most users are forced to use softwares that has a mojor flaw which make your "smart"phone pretty much useless. Even if Sony didn't understand this flaw while testing (I doubt they are doing), they should have done something about it after more and more people come and complained about the problem you mentioned, but for 5.0.2. version.  Instead software had released globally, and problem STILL persist for many users after trying every possible legit option. -- "Updated after 4 months or receiving the notification.
I didn't update asap because I knew from friends that lolipop on xperia z C6603 European model is bad.
Nevertheless I thought after 3 months or more there would be a fix or something. I was wrong. ." http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Super-Fast-Battery-Drain-After-Lollipop/td-p/989128/pag...

I clearly stated myself and the issue at this forum also, but looks like still nothing has changed after seing your comment. "Updates could have some issues, they are made by humans anyway.. But that severe bug shows clearly that the phone is not well tested. And when the software released for Hong Kong, people already complained about this problem, and Sony didn't care and release the broken sofware update internationally. After that update more and more people came here and complained about that problem, and Sony haven't made an update OR even appreciate this problem exist. I see this as a disaster for a mojor phone manufacturer."  http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Super-Fast-Battery-Drain-After-Lollipop/m-p/1003590#M59...

Now, I just hope that 5.1 update fixes this battery drain and CPU usage issue for me if I'm lucky like some users like you were on 5.0.2. Otherwise I will flash my phone to 4.2.2. or install custom ROM. I won't flash Sony versions of Android 4.3 and 4.4 for Xperia Z had considerable lag, latency and some other issues because 4.3 and 4.4 are done for Xperia Z1 and Z2, and throwed into Xperia Z without much testing.

I believe Sony already droppped the ball for many Z1 and Z users like me. I won't recommend Xperia to my friends and relatives. They are quite expensive compared to other manufacturers' but they have very buggy softwares compared to others. Which makes buying Xperias unreasonable.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 206 of 286
Message 206 of 286

Battery drains

After I download the android update lollipop 5.1.1 the battery is draining very fast and the charge is strange , the indicator goes fast one time and stop on a level for long time , please help me.
Learner
Message 207 of 286
Message 207 of 286

OK, been testing a bit again... LTE on, Mobile Data on, LTE preferred in network settings... To no avail. Then I added this in the mix:
LOCATION OFF (since two days), and since two days no more cell standby... At all. Battery after half a day of mixed use: 50%. Overheating it still does quite a bit while surfing etc...
Give it a shot guys and post your findings. Thanx!

Yanus.
One time poster
Message 208 of 286
Message 208 of 286

Same here, It is unacceptable that Sony do not take action in that regard. I am planning to initiate a class action suit agains Sony so stay tuned...I will need you... Let me think if you are up for it?

Learner
Message 209 of 286
Message 209 of 286

So last night I turned Stamina mode ON, airplane mode on,data OFF and WiFi ON, while was on 38% and it battery level stabilized like normal. Then when I went to bed I charged it and this morning the phone was normal again with data wifi ON. Really don´t know what I've done, maybe some kind of stabilization.

Hope this stays like this for ever. Good luck with yours!

One time poster
Message 210 of 286
Message 210 of 286

Battery drain on my Z was heavy after the Lollipop update. Would lose about 25% a day even with no use and Wifi, Bluetooth etc all switched off

Last night I used Sony PC Companion to backup and then repair the phone by installing a fresh copy of Lollipop and overnight the battery drained by 1% with Wifi left on.

Phone is fixed.