account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Super Fast Battery Drain After Lollipop

Genius
Message 171 of 286
Message 171 of 286

Re: Heating Issue When Data Connection Is On

Hi @Iraj

I would try to do a downgrade to 4.2.2 and see if the data connection problem persists on the device.

Best Regards.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Rookie
Message 172 of 286
Message 172 of 286

Re: Super Fast Battery Drain After Lollipop

I didn't have this problem in 4.2.2. So is there any problem with the update?
Learner
Message 173 of 286
Message 173 of 286

Re: Super Fast Battery Drain After Lollipop - solved by fresh install

The lollipop upgrade had made my Xperia Z almost useless because of the battery drain, just like it did for everyone on this thread. Buying a new phone would mean that I would have to install my apps, contacts, email accounts etcetera again (probably on a Windows phone or even an iPhone).

Therefore I decided that I might as well reset my Xperia Z and try to reinstall everything. After all, this seems to have worked for some people.

Reinstalling took quite some time, but after using lollipop for a few days I am quite sure that the battery drain problem has disappeared!

Battery life is back to what it was running kitkat, and my phone can be used for a whole day again.

Now I just need to remember to press "NO" when asked if I want to update my phone next time.

I always thought it was great that Sony still supports phones that are more than a year old, but now I discovered that it is in fact not so great.

Genius
Message 174 of 286
Message 174 of 286

Hi @Iraj

If yiou´ve verified that there is no problem with the previous 4.2.2 version, I suggest to do a new update to Lollipop with PC Companion. You can also take a look at this link: http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/03/17/guide-to-installing-xperia-lollipop-using-xperifirm-and-flashto...

Then I would install CPU-Z app from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cpuid.cpu_z&hl=es_419 which will bring you information about the device´s hardware conditions and temperature.

Best Regards.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Message 175 of 286
Message 175 of 286

Hi..I am using xperia z c6603... I have updated lollipop last month...fot the first three days immediate after the update my phone is nice.... After that the problems which I.faced are as follows...
1) super fast battery drain 20%-25% for half an hour
2) laggy....low speed....phone is taking 2 -4 secs to perform any functions....( for ex: if i touch the call function, that page will oprn.after fewseconds)
3) overheat

But these problems I didnt face in android 4.4.4
Genius
Message 176 of 286
Message 176 of 286

Hi @Tariq_xperia_z

Could you please install an app like cpu-z from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cpuid.cpu_z&hl=es_419 and post hardware parameters and temperatures to be able to see how your device´s components are behaving ?

Best regards,

One time poster
Message 177 of 286
Message 177 of 286

Xperia z battery

My battery exhausted very quickly.. And after i saw on battery usage, android system 5.0.2 have consuption my battery 20%. Can you help me to tell how do i do to reduce presentation android system consumption my battery? Thanks..
Emperor
Message 178 of 286
Message 178 of 286

Re: Xperia z battery

@Ryndzzz

Reinstall the latest update with PCC and report back in 2 days

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Genius
Message 179 of 286
Message 179 of 286

Re: Xperia z battery

Hi Ryndzzz, welcome to the community!

I agree with @uliwooly - reinstall the latest update on PC Companion / Bridge for Mac, some further steps:

PC Companion:
1. open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
2. Phone Software Update.
3. Start.
4. Repair Phone
5. Continue
6. Accept data removal
7. Next
8. Wait for prepare
9. Select Phone
10. Follow the connection steps

Bridge for Mac:
1. Launch Bridge for MAC without the handset connected.
2. On the Main Window select "Xperia > Repair Xperia
Device".
3. Ensure the phone is charged and select "Ok" in the
following window.
4. Select Continue on the following page.
5. Wait until the initialising step is finished the
continue as below.
6 . Select your model of phone from the list that appears
7. Follow the connection steps that appear, ensuring that
you are holding the relevant button down before during and
after the connection phase until the update/repair begins.

I do hope this helps! Let us know how it goes. 

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 180 of 286
Message 180 of 286

Hi again! I was a bit too fast to say my z3+ is working fine, it has a good battery, but it is strange that chrome takes 30% of my battery, Facebook 20 but screen only 12%. There still is something odd. And I just did repair with pcc and factory reset too to be sure. Plus I have restricted background data for both apps, stamina mode is on too. They seem to keep the radio on even when not used. It must still be the bug. There is no good reason for those apps to behave that way, oh and I do not have sync on at all.