account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Super Fast Battery Drain After Lollipop

Talent
Message 161 of 286
Message 161 of 286

Re: YouTube/album not working after stopping media

after lollipop update there is one entry "cell standby" shows 63% consumption of battery almost every time.

now it shows 93%.

since update till now "cell standby" is consuming more than 60%.

nothing worked, reset, hard reset, pcc reinstall etc..

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 162 of 286
Message 162 of 286

Battery drain Xperia Z lolipop

My phone getting really hot evertime i used, when I'm outside and using 3G data, my phone drain so fast. Help pls Slightly smiling Face
One time poster
Message 163 of 286
Message 163 of 286

Lollipop Made my xperia z hate up and battry drain fast!!

Dear and Support,

i have updated the System before 2 days  to LOllipop and it looks really nice i liked it. it works very somthly and every thing is perfect.

the problem is the phone start heating up when am using 3G "Mobile data" or Wifi and battary darins super fast & sudenlly Switch Off.

even when i pulg the phone to the PC in the older version it used to charge normally but now it dosent charge even the battry drain not up ... i have to conect it to the normal charger to start cahrging.

Guys kindly help me with this as it starts making me worry on my phone condtion becouse of the heat.

i will appreciate your prompt response.

Visitor
Message 164 of 286
Message 164 of 286

Re: Super Fast Battery Drain After Lollipop

I was facing the same problem of battery drain super fast
Keep stamina mode on with these settings
http://postimg.org/image/mmz7tqeo7/

Now I'm getting 4-5 hours of nonstop usage
Adviser
Message 165 of 286
Message 165 of 286

What what? How does your settings in stamina mode apply when it only goes on stamina when battery is down to 20%? Those settings won't apply before that, and it is recommended anyway to charge your phone when it drops below 50%

Enthusiast
Message 166 of 286
Message 166 of 286

@Jamppane wrote:

What what? How does your settings in stamina mode apply when it only goes on stamina when battery is down to 20%? Those settings won't apply before that, and it is recommended anyway to charge your phone when it drops below 50%

Actually you need to set 'stamina mode activation' setting to 99% or whatever you want.
Adviser
Message 167 of 286
Message 167 of 286

"Actually you need to set 'stamina mode activation' setting to 99% or whatever you want."

Yes i know, but the previous person offered a picture of his settings, in which the stamina mode was set to 20%. That's what i meant, how come he then gets a lot more juice? I have stamina mode on always.

Enthusiast
Message 168 of 286
Message 168 of 286

@Jamppane wrote:

Yes i know, but the previous person offered a picture of his settings, in which the stamina mode was set to 20%. That's what i meant, how come he then gets a lot more juice? I have stamina mode on always.

Oops.My bad.I should have quote his post.

Apprentice
Message 169 of 286
Message 169 of 286

After I updated my Xperia Z (6603) to 5.0.2 version of lollipop, it kept overheating than usual but hotter. I reformatted my phone, and the issue was gone. After a few weeks, my phone would suddenly just turn off even with more than 50% battery. It was just this week that now I cannot even take my phone out of the charger because it will just shut off. Every time I would turn it out when it's not charging, it will boot up to the Sony Xperia logo then turn off.  When I check my battery usage, at first it was the cell data that was using the battery at 30%. Then this app called dex2oat was using it at 20%. But now, it's not showing any data on it anymore but it's using my battery at 100%.  (image attached -> Battery using 100% but no data on it). I am forced to bring a powerbank and a charger every where I go now which is really frustrating. 

Rookie
Message 170 of 286
Message 170 of 286

Heating Issue When Data Connection Is On

I Have upgraded my phone from 4.2.2 to Lolipop Using Pcc.All is going smooth.Battery Backup is also good.But I'm facing problem when i on my data connection.Phone becomes like hot oven.But when i use wifi it doesn't get so hot quick.
I brought this phone 3 weeks ago