account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Super Fast Battery Drain After Lollipop

Learner
Message 151 of 286
Message 151 of 286

Re: Super Fast Battery Drain After Lollipop

After running phone repair after hard reset, then now my phone C6603 seems back too normal, perf wise, and battery life is much improved. I will keep testing. 5.0.2.

Emperor
Message 152 of 286
Message 152 of 286

@bonebaker

Keep us updated. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 153 of 286
Message 153 of 286

Hi,

I had this horrible battery drain after the lollipop update. Before the lollipop update my Xperia Z with Kitkat, used to go on approx for 2 days, with average use. Now it empties in less than 1 day!! Same points such as Android OS is at the top of battery consumpton followed by Screen. I've observed this in this and other forums for possible solutions, but almost none had solutions except running again a PCC update. This PPC update solution did not assure me of any big changes, as becuse I wasn't convinced that this way could enhance the battery solution. Amongst this battery woe, I had few add in woes too -1. No missed call alerts, which I had solved by uninstalling the thirdparty app for call logs. 2. Deleting an unwanted SMS would take minutes!

Then few days back before writing this, I decided to do a PCC update. Don't ask why I decided to do that smile happyAfter the update, comes a huge task of updating and re-installing my personal apps, which I wanted to avoid. I exhausted my limited bandwidth for this!

Suprisingly...my battery drain is over! It now lasts for 2 days, as used to during Kitkat. I didn't expect this to happen, seriosuly. The sms deleting issue is gone too.

I don't know how it cured itself, but it did. I do not mean that other users, who did PCC update are wrong, but somehow it happened right for me. There was no extra methods followed, just plain PCC update. I would suggest to give a try, else will have to wait for next updates with these issues fixed.

Inhabitant
Message 154 of 286
Message 154 of 286

My Xperia z suffered a crazy battery drain after lollipop update
Every 5 mnts standby means -2% battery 😫
Charging was too slow And says battery drains more that it's charging when I just use chrome
Even though I am using stamina mode and airplane mode with only WiFi on

I rooted my phone with kingroot
Now with purify app which comes with every 1% battery stays for a very good time while using
No battery waste on Standby

I hope that Sony add an app manager like purify to settings
Adept
Message 155 of 286
Message 155 of 286

WiFi appearing always active in battery log

I noticed that even when I have the wifi turned off or in ultra stamina mode, it appears constantly active in the graph in the settings. In the screenshot I've circled in blue the period when I had the wifi manually disabled and U. Stamina on, ans as you can see the wiifi bar at the bottom is continious. Shouldn't there be a gap in it?

Screenshot_2015-07-04-11-20-54.png

Emperor
Message 156 of 286
Message 156 of 286

Re: WiFi appearing always active in battery log

@Vasilis_K

it could be a third party app creating this issue, you could boot on safe mode or repair the phone with PCC 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 157 of 286
Message 157 of 286

Re: WiFi appearing always active in battery log

@Vasilis_K 

Here are the links

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Inhabitant
Message 158 of 286
Message 158 of 286

YouTube/album not working after stopping media

After the lollipop update, my battery was draining fast, even on standby

From power management I saw media used about 88% of battery
I figured out that it was killing my battery and over heating my phone when I open album
(even more than the known xperia overheating, I couldn't even touch phone's back, could possibly explode)
So I stopped it from the running apps tab

Now my battery is back good, no drain on standby and no heat
But now youtube, album, mx player (well known 3rd party video app) and a small app media viewer aren't working

They were all working before stopping media

Any solution to get media running again
And when it does, how to avoid overheating (or in other words "phone EXPLOSION" and battery draining.

Tried rebooting but didn't work.
Pls give me solution other than pcc that possibly won't change anything on the buggy lollipop update as reported by users
Or contacting local support, my phone is two years old (out of warranty) and they will possibly ask me to pay for a replacement
Enthusiast
Message 159 of 286
Message 159 of 286

Re: YouTube/album not working after stopping media

try to boot in safe mode.

manually run media storage ??? i think it scans autimatically when you  add new file from pc.try that.

Message 160 of 286
Message 160 of 286

Re: YouTube/album not working after stopping media

Hello Guys,

I have xperia zr(C5502). I don't have any issue with lollipop.

I have updated via PCC. and once Factory Reset after updating because my ear speaker volume gets very low suddenly.

I am sharing my latest batery performance review i have charged on Sunday 05-JUL-2015 05:00 pm(around) full charged today(09-JUl-2015 10:00 am) 17% battery is still there.

I agree with that thing that i am having not much use of phone.I am not using Mobile data.Only Wifi during night 4 to 5 hrs. aprox.

and Only GSM(2G) not WCDMA(3G). see below image for details.

Screenshot_2015-07-09-10-09-25.png